GH: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another somewhat interesting episode today. Loved that Diane and Alexis were there at Jakes when the fight broke out, though in real life it would be kind of bizarre that a DA and a top notch lawyer were watching a bar brawl over the step-daughter of the police commissioner of their town...only in soaps

Though Act Five of today's show was a bit weird though, suddenly Nikolas, Rebecca and Ethan are on despite not having appeared in the opening teaser or the first four acts, and Sam is getting attacked by some dude (who granted was lurking around the office earlier when Maxie and Spin left) - did I perhaps miss a scene or two where Sam caught the guy snooping around? Certainly feels like it.

• Members

Yeah, I know what you mean. I found today's episode kinda bizarre. I watch GH every now and then and it's easy to miss and catch up on when you tune in, but I was just like WTF in Jake's????? Why are Alexis and Diane talking high fashion in a dump and Johnny's playing Beethoven. :huh:

• Members

The perils of budget cuts and having to film multiple stories/scenes on limited set pieces, I guess. At least Diane and Alexis have been shown to "slum" in dive bars before. The piano was a total WTF? though.

And I remember when Jake's was the dangerous dive bar that most folks went if they wanted to drink in anonymity or walk on the wild side.

Now it's freakin' Cheers.

I miss Luke's and the Outback. *sigh*

• Members

Diane & Alexis have gone to Jakes bar before. Its the local hangout bar, and is close to everything. Everyone goes there.

They were not there because of budget cuts. They were there to witness Matt. It plays into his storyline.

Maxie has drank at jakes now for years, long before she was ever even 21. Her and Spin were there for the fight with matt.

Johnny playing Piano was WTF.

But anyways, it all played out as one big plot point because that was what it is. And thats what everything on this show is.

• Members

LOL! I always liked Luke's club and the jazz acts that played there. It is funny that Jake's has become a mainstream hang out for the denizens of PC. Sonny may be the only character who does not frequent Jake's. I do think that it has to do with budget cuts. Notice that the Metro Court has not been seen in awhile. The show feels like it is shrinking set wise.

• Members

Yesterday's episode felt thrown together, especially Sam and Jason's scenes which were tacked on to the end. They are definitely using fewer smaller sets. I think that we are now seeing the results of the budget cuts. In a recent PA, Steve Burton said that they were taping like 40 scenes a day compared to 23 scenes and that the studio is going dark more frequently. The days when the studio goes dark are considered vacation days for the actors.

• Members

I agree. The epi was just weird, as a whole. Coleman/Alexis/Diane were the only bright spots, IMO. I half-paid attention to Matt/Spixie. Those scenes were just a bucket of suck. I really wanted Matt/Maxie to go to the docks and have a meaningful, in-depth convo about their hopes and fears. I know, it's GH. Sorry, I had a moment. :lol:

• Members

We all have those moments when watching GH. They are called "sanity." LOL! It won't happen because Maxie will not choose to be with a man to whom she is actually attracted to and who is a hot doctor with no mob ties, never happen.

• Members

If Claudia wants to show her independence and can no longer live with Sonny, she needs to pack her bags and leave Sonny's house. Of course, I'm sure that will make Sonny fall in love with her, and that's the last thing I want to see......

Super Sam right in the middle of a good storyline..ugh... I would like to see her interact as a sister for Kristina, however. Girl needs a lot of parenting..

• Members

My enjoyment of today's episode came to a screeching halt when Spinelli and Jason were dropped into the medical mystery story. There is no escaping the mob on this show. No doubt that Jason and Spinelli will save the day. There really is no point with this show. It is hopeless.

Archived