GH: June Discussion Thread

• Members

I imagine Claudia is the main reason Johnny is still on the show. Otherwise, he would be killed as he is a potential threat to Guza's beloved Spinelli, Jason, Sonny, Dante (if he ever shows up) and takes airtime new pet Ethan needs. They seem to have no idea what to do with Johnny, which is fine by me, as I enjoy this version of Johnny more than the one who was with frigid Lulu.

I don't think Claudia is what Carly was when SB played her. When SB's Carly was with Sonny, she wanted Sonny to get out of the mob. She also wasn't ordering hits, although seeing the endless airtime devoted to the nasty thug Michael, I wish she'd order another hit.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You're right. If a new HW regime came on board, Sarah Brown would be so screwed. Unless they pulled a switch and bait with her and Laura Wright and Bill Eckhart-ed Claudia simultaneously.

I had to LOL at Carly telling Claudia to "Stay out of this." I absolutely love Sarah Brown on GH.

• Members

Claudia/Sbr doesnt need ties to a main family. Nobody does. This show doesnt revolve around family.

Family ties happen to be backdrops. Shes tied to the mob, thats all that matters.

It would be fantastic tho if a new regime came in and wrote her out. shes the main reason i hate GH so much now.

• Members

Mob is EVERYTHING on GH.

But I like Carly away from the Mob. In fact, right now is the first time I am digging Laura Wright's Carly. I am even liking CarJax even though the way they have Jax saying "We will solve all our problems together, because we love each other and communicate and don't keep secrets blah blah" is beyond heavy-handed. Uh, we get it, Flying Anvils of Doom. Anyhoo, I don't FF through their scenes or SL. That's a new thing for me.

And I like Sarah Brown as Lady MacBeth. Because SJB's voice is deep and so distinctive, I can see why so many think they are watching Carly #1 all over again. However, Claudia is an out-and-out baddie and the way SJB plays her -- with so much relish! -- marks her out from Carly #1 for me. Carly was never this balls-to-the-wall. Prob because SJB is not worried about garnering popularity points with this character this time around. She knows Claudia is not universally loved. And she knows Claudia is psycho. A fun psycho to watch but deeply disturbed nonetheless. She cannot connect with any man unless it involves sex or death. She totally plays up the incestuous overtones of Claudia's relationship with Johnny. Claudia is great. She's not particularly redeemable but that's not a problem right now.

It will become a problem, though, when Guza decides that Claudia is a heroine after all and we all need to feel sorry for her so he'll throw sexual abuse or a sick relative or long-lost baby her way.

• Members

However, on a WTF Carly? Just STFU note:

"You know, Sonny and I spent years trying to rationalize the life... we gave Michael. The truth is, if you chose to be associated with the Mob, you need to be prepared to deal with the consequences. Sonny is. I'm not."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh really, Miss SittingInMyExpemsiveCottage? The house Carly moved into before she and Jax who hooked up. So, who paid for the house? Sonny's money? Lorenzo's alimony? Either way you look at it, it is mob money. So if that's not association...

• Members

What a weird entrance for whoever this guy is.

i found Nikolas and Rebecca to be really strange today. I really like these two together, but I feel today with the whole "princess & prince" theme and the missing shoe to be completely forced. He doesn't want her to be Emily, and she isn't anything like her, but she was dressed as her doppelganger (not to mention the whole waltz thing was uncomfortable.) I found it to be really strange and I didn't not enjoy them together today.

Archived