GH: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just have to say...I love Claudia...and I don't care how much people hate her lol!!

It's been a long time since GH has had such a blatant bitch, that they don't try to continually prop as someone who is just misunderstood. I love watching her get away with things, the smirks SJB gives just make me swoon.

I think I have a crush on SJB haha :P

ETA: Ugh, Jason is such a little bitch, get over it Jason...Claudia is Queen B now just BOW haha!!

• Members

I wish I could say the same. I adore Sarah Joy Brown and I loved her as the original Carly back in the day, but I just can not love Claudia at all. I feel she is propped constantly by Sonny, and now Michael!...and will continue to get away with everything that she does, including the shooting of Michael, scheming to get pregnant with Sonny (or Ric's!) baby, etc, etc... I don't think she can be redeemed, at this point, especially when we all know she's not going anywhere.

Great actress, but I can no longer root for Claudia.

Loved Ethan and Lulu's scenes at the end, still think it's kind of icky they flirted, etc but I could like their brother/sister relationship.

Holly and Luke were good too, wish Tracy would've walked in on them kissing, she would've went nuts..and take Luke back two weeks later.

• Members

The thing about Claudia is I liked her a lot before she just became another Sonny-obsessed character. I LOVED when she and Ric were hooking up. Now that was a pairing I could've gotten behind..but Rick Hearst unfortunately isn't Maurice Bernard or Steve Burton so that wasn't to be.

• Members

Sonny has gotten away with so much for so long that it's actually funny to watch someone pull the wool over his eyes!

I can't understand why Lulu isn't more peeved with her father. She expects more loyalty from men she's NOT married to than she expects from her father for her mother. Why doesn't it bug her that Luke is in Port Chuckles married to Tracy, reliving the 'good old days' with Holly - and her mother is out there, without him? Isn't Laura still traveling the world, looking for a cure for her condition?

• Members

I actually like Claudia ALOT now a days just because I feel she isn't propped. Everyone on the show hates her with the exception of Micheal and Johnny and she even has a love/hate relationship with Johnny. That makes me feel for her. I want her to triumph over Jason just because Burton is such a waste. I don't even care about her almost killing Micheal because it was an accident an accident that resulted due to Sonny's own stupidity. Sarah Jo Brown is also working this role so well. I love that she isn't afraid to make Claudia look bad it makes her more relatable and understanding and real. She may be a "bad" person because she doesn't want to get caught and die but you can tell that she truly feels bad about Micheal.

• Members

They don't want Lulu to be upset because they only want characters they assume the audience dislikes (Lucky) to be upset, because that way they think viewers will root for Luke and Ethan. They want people to like Lulu, so they think if they have Lulu happy about her father being a hobag who hated life with his wife and kids, then viewers will feel the same way.

I don't think they have any idea how people are supposed to feel about Claudia. Didn't they have Spinelli speaking in tongues today about how she was a good person because she'd gone to visit Michael? I think we're supposed to see Claudia as a b#$%, but one with a heart, and one who is supposed to entertain us. I think they want to keep her in Sonny's orbit because they know she can always be used as some type of plot mover for a character who has become so infantile that he can barely do anything besides put his thumb in his mouth.

I assume she's going to hook up with Michael at some point. They may as well have her hook up with Dante as well, when he comes on. And Sonny's father Mike. Then maybe she can have a tryst with Carly and Sonny will be wheeled off to Shady Pines, or whatever that place was called, straitjacket and drooling.

• Members

Their chemistry was off the charts. It really is sad that Guza/Frons see Sonny and MB as the end all be all of character/actor. I despise mumbling and then yelling to convey that you're acting, but at least Eric Braeden isn't the only character on his show that ever gets some lovin...Maurice Bernard needs to call it quits and just live off the money I hope he's saved as he's sucked up airtime for far too many years.

• Members

Guza just sucks Sonny`s you know what because he thinks no one else in GH can draw credibility to the show.Once he leaves,GH will change and he will moan and cry that GH isn`t what he wants.I still dislike the mob but i am glad that there is no shooting stories like now (The Russian Storyline For Example) this storyline i do hope ends but then Claudia will have to die.And so will Johnny.

• Members

I am quite enjoying Claudia sticking to Jason and Sonny. I don't think anyone has ever gotten over on them this much before. Bet it is killing MB. He is the Eric Braeden of GH albeit a lesser version.

Why do they assume that the audience dislikes Lucky? Because they do? I may not be the biggest Lucky fan, but he is Laura's son. I'm not siding with Luke or his new found son against Lucky.

• Members

Count me as part of the newly-discovered Claudia admirers (and I even like Carly at the moment! Detroitpiston has taken over my soul. :) ). Two months' ago, I was dissing Sarah Brown and her character big-time. Nowadays I love to watch Lady MacBeth spin her web.

Maybe it is a sign of how hideous the Luke/Ethan/Holly story has gotten, but Claudia, Sonny and Michael were the best scenes on Friday's show. Especially when Claudia told Michael that the pregnancy was a total accident, and Sonny was all "OK. Ok. OK! That's enough!" Deep down, I think Claudia sees Michael as her redemption, her only chance at being a functioning human being. He's her new pet Johnny.

I don't think the character is being propped up. Yet. She is evil and dysfunctional and twisted but owns it. When TIIC start pulling a Sam McCall with vulnerable brothers, attempted rapes and make-it-up-as-we-go-along backstory, then we'll know Claudia's being pimped. I do miss the Ric-Claudia pairing, though. These two lost souls would have been perfect for each other.

Lucky: But now that you know dad fooled around on mom, all is forgiven?

Lulu: Look, i just -- a lot of men cheat. Dillon cheated on georgie with me. Johnny and Logan cheated on me with Maxie. How can I be upset with dad for being true to form?

NO WORDS.

Except that I feel sorry for Julie Marie Berman, having to utter that line. And by Lulu's rationale, the next time Johnny or Dante or (heaven forbid) Jason or whoever they stick her with dares to step out on Little Miss Smug-Tits, she'd better shutthefuckUP. Because, hey. It's all good. That's just the way men ARE. Why get upset about guys staying true to themselves?

GH is such a clusterfuck of misogyny.

• Members

Lulu is and has always been a shill for the writers. Like when they suddenly remembered Carly was a Spencer long enough to shove her at Lulu.

If this were a woman in Luke's place, we'd be hearing slut/whore/tramp non-stop from the various woman haters in Port Charles.

Archived