GH: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what a waste of what could have been a return of Robert Scorpio.But since RGJr and JFP wants to pretend the past 40 years never happened (Thanks to that hoorendous 45 yr clip). Gee what would happen at 50 yrs,gee now i am scared.

Next up - Laura and Scott return with 80,000 newly born children,and Georgie returns from the dead

• Members

Guza logic. You know, the kind of logic which will have Sonny more pissed at Olivia for hiding Dante's paternity (YouAreDeadToMe) than at Claudia for putting Michael into a bullet coma.

• Members

Sure, but at the very least he should acknowledge that he's also flawed. A little self awareness in characters would be nice.

No, Guza logic doesn't even acknowledge that most people would have the intelligence to say maybe I shouldn't act completely judgmental and self righteous when I have committed the exact same sin that I'm castigating someone else for. Lucky actually has said that cheating means Luke didn't love Laura and that their time as a family meant nothing. So does that mean Lucky never loved Liz and that if Cam finds out about it he should think their time as a family meant nothing? The writing is completely plot point driven. Not just Lucky but this whole contrived mess. They could have found a better way to introduce NP. Instead they've committed character assassination on Lucky. I pray that before GH is canceled we will get a writer who actually cares about the characters so that th show can end on a good note.

• Members

Lucky as played by GV is Guza's whipping boy -- like AJ and Ric before him. He will ALWAYS be made to look bad if it means bigging up other characters linked to him. Lucky's "hypocrisy" is a distraction. You say "How can he be upset when he did the same thing?" My response is "Why shouldn't he be upset?" Lucky's parents were everything to him -- he considers Laura a saint and for a long-time Luke was his best friend, his mentor, before Guza decided to rewrite history and pretend that Luke was a drunken dreamer who hated Laura and his children for "tying him down." And it is a rewrite because for 25-odd years, I watched a very different story unfold for the Spencers.

So why shouldn't Lucky hold his parents up to certain standards -- standards which he failed and he ADMITTED he failed and which he still views as unacceptable behaviour on his part? When he cheated on Liz, Lucky was addicted to painkillers and not in his right mind. Maxie was his dealer, his enabler. He prob would not have cheated on Liz if he wasn't on drugs. From his POV, he didn't cheat on Liz because he was out of love with her. He cheated because all he could think about was his next fix.

And ITA. They should have picked a better way to introduce Ethan rather than decimating a 15-year fan favorite (Lucky the character, I mean, though GV does have a loyal fanbase, too). I think NP could have definite potential if they had done it differently (and schooled that phlegmy voice of his).

Oh, BTW, I am shocked by Lulu's assertion that all guys cheat and we should put up with it because -- I don't believe it to be true. Good lord, did Feminism just REGRESS about 30 years here? Depending on the circumstances, of course, but cheating is a deal-breaker with me. I shouldn't have to put up with it if a guy I love is breaking my heart again and again looking for physical satisfaction elsewhere. Way to make me feel inadequate in bed!

Not only that, but way to make practically the entire male gender look feckless and untrustworthy, too.

• Members

She did not say ALL men cheat nor that anyone has to put up with it. Her father, both her brothers and two of her bf's cheated. Is it any wonder she thinks a lot of guys cheat? She seemed disappointed to me, but not particularly pissed off. I thought it was a reasonable reaction to something that happened 20 years ago. It would have made a lot more sense to me if Lucky had had the same reaction. LuLu didn't even say Lucky shouldn't be angry, she just said he should put the anger on Luck where it belongs and not Ethan.

I've never said he shouldn't be upset. It would make sense for him to be disappointed. It does not make any kind of sense for him not to acknowledge his own mistakes and temper his anger based on that. He cheated on Liz and still loved her and Cam. All I want is a Lucky smart enough to know that maybe Luke could have made the same mistake without it meaning he didn't love his family.

She did not say ALL men cheat nor that anyone has to put up with it. Her father, both her brothers and two of her bf's cheated. Is it any wonder she thinks a lot of guys cheat? She seemed disappointed to me, but not particularly pissed off. I thought it was a reasonable reaction to something that happened 20 years ago. It would have made a lot more sense to me if Lucky had had the same reaction. LuLu didn't even say Lucky shouldn't be angry, she just said he should put the anger on Luck where it belongs and not Ethan.

• Members

I'm not sure if Lucky has any reason to believe Luke loves his family. Luke has repeatedly said Tracy is the woman he truly loves, that Laura never let him be what he wanted. Luke has painted his entire relationship with Laura and his children as repression, as failure. Lucky now knows Luke felt that way even back then, because he was sleeping with other women behind Laura's back. Everything Lucky grew up with has now been painted as what Luke had to suffer through, what he hated, what he never actually wanted. His true happiness is with people besides Laura and Lucky.

• Members

Next to the rewrite of Laura, I dislike the dishonesty of the Lucky/Luke/Ethan story the most. We are being told that Luke loves Lucky yet it obvious that Luke no longer loves or respect his son and even worse, it is clear that Luke never loved Laura in that deep abiding way that played out on the screen. It is in every word, gesture and the tone of every dismissive comment that Luke makes. (I suspect this TG's personal disgust coming through which is why so many Luke and Laura fans are outraged. People are not stupid and TG's latest interview only confirms the chatter on the boards.) Luke is so destroyed that I can accept this new version and return the favor of dismissing him, what I do not accept is having Lucky made out to the A.J. of the situation. Instead we should have been shown Lucky accepting that his father cares about him in a vague way, but does not love him. He would not be the first adult to figure this out about their parent or parents. It would have been interesting. GH must have gotten tons of negative mail about this story because they are going through hoops to find a way to salvage it.

I can't stand Ethan or Nathan Parsons, but he is here to stay until cancellation so whatever. I ff through most of the show anyway.

• Members

I see it more of a luke did love laura. a lot. more than anyone or anything else. but that love, being with her, kept him a tamed man when he wanted to be out there swinging in the jungle and scamming people. Not that Laura wouldnt let him and kept him hostage, but that he loved her and wanted to be with her and had to give up that part of his life to do it. but in the end, it ended up not being worth it.

as for lucky, i do think luke loves him. but only because its his son. luke has not respected lucky since like 1999 or cared for him. a big part of that is TG, IMHO, but Luke has always out others before Lucky. He has NO respect for Lucky, esp after her became a cop. Luke respects Nikolas more and cares for Liz more. I think the only reason he still has an ok relationship with Lulu is because deep down she is just like him. lol. I wish they would write Lulu againa s a mini-Luke, its when she was at her best.

Lulu = Luke.

Lucky = Laura.

• Members

He also doesn't like Lucky because Lucky is raising children who aren't his biologically. So the ideal world for Luke is one where adultery is fine, a woman who doesn't want you to be selfish and involved in criminal activities is a nag, and adoption or having stepchildren is unacceptable.

Archived