GH: June Discussion Thread

• Members

ICAM!

Unbelievable crap that they are spewing on the poor unsuspecting fans that they have left. <_< I haven't seen it yet but I am not looking forward to it.

I'm not there yet with Claudia. I just can't seem to bring myself to stomache the crap that comes out of her mouth. I do have to give her credit for owning it though. That makes her a little more bearable for me.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^I totally agree, when Lulu said that line, I fell to the floor in disbelief...it was stupid.

And I wanted to punch Holly today with her, "You've made mistakes, so forgive your father for cheating on your mother while he was married to her"....WTF...I would have bitchslapped her. I guess since I made mistakes to, I should forgive anyone who cheats on me, or if my dad cheated on my mom...such great rationale.

• Members

I caught some of yesterday's ep last night on SoapNet -- first time in a long time -- and there was a scene where she was melodramatically expositing whatever BS they'd cooked up to justify this story and AG was standing there with this awesome DUH face and NP was trying for the screwed up angry trying-not-to-cry face and I burst out laughing!

I really don't think that's what they were going for.

I fear the gut I'd bust if I tried to watch any of today's continuation.

• Members

I will just say Guza out did himself with this Ethan storyline, I found myself remembering the Lucky coma story and the brilliant work Tony did with that storyline. He truly has dismantled that relationship beyond recognition.

• Members

NP = Nathan Parsons who plays Ethan.

And honestly, I think GV has been looking rather unappealing lately, particularly his hair. (I'm not much of a fan of his acting or character, but he is usually easy on the eyes). My theory is its his pathetic way of trying to compete with Parsons, who seems to be embracing that poor personal hygiene fad that's so popular with the Twilight lovin' cool kids these days. -_-

• Members

But she's right. A lot of men do cheat including LUCKY!! That is why Lucky's outrage is so stupid!! How does LuLu rattle off a list of cheaters and leave Lucky off of it? Surely she would have mentioned his hypocrisy. These writers are dumb beyond words. They seem incapable of remembering what has happened on their own show or they refuse to acknowedge it when it interferes with a plot point. And just because LuLu isn't pissed that her dad cheated on her mother 20 years ago, that doesn't mean she has to accept a cheater in her own relationship. I think she's simply accepted Luke for who he is. After finding out your Dad is a rapist, finding out he's a cheater probably isn't all that earth shattering.

I like Ethan so far and I think NP has talent, but the writers completely botched his introduction. In fact I consider it a text book example of how not to introduce a character.

• Members

The whole setup of the rape reveal was that Luke had hurt Laura badly, but deeply loved her and never hurt her again. Now they're saying he did hurt her again, but who cares, that's what men do.

Liz and Lucky talked about Lucky cheating on her, and how ashamed he was of his actions. I guess that's the big difference. GH wanted us to know Lucky cheating made him a loser. GH wants us to know Luke cheating makes him a saint.

Lulu did not just say, "Dad's a cheater," she said all men cheat, because that's just men. So if she ever objects to a man cheating on her, she will be a huge hypocrite. I just hope every future boyfriend or husband she has cheats on her and they play a flashback of that clip every single time.

• Members

She did not say all men. She said a lot of men cheat and she's right a lot of men do cheat. I don't see why it's so wrong that she accepts that reality. It also doesn't mean she has to put up with it in her own relationships. I think Lucky has been way more hypocritical then Lulu. And Liz and Lucky did talk about it, but only in the most round about way. I didn't see Lucky acknowledge that he doesn't have a whole lot of room to judge anyone else on this subject.

• Members

A lot of men cheat, yes, but I'm not sure how GH translated this to Lulu not caring about this happening in her family. The idea that she doesn't even care a little bit about her father cheating on her mother, and being proud of this adulterous encounter, just because other people cheat is what seems ridiculous to me. She also never seemed to be a person who shrugged off hurtful moments based on them commonly happening to other people, at least until this story. Using her logic, she can now never be upset if she is cheated on, and I hope this is brought up if anyone does cheat on her.

Lulu isn't hypocritical in this story because she has to be used to show viewers how right Luke is. They use Lucky for the other side -- they want viewers to see him as two-faced and unforgiving, because he doesn't worship his father and applaud him for his adultery and love child.

If Lucky had said, "I had an affair with Maxie, so I have no right to judge my father," that would make some sense, but wouldn't take away the betrayal he'd feel. It doesn't help that Luke is so proud of this affair, and hates his son so much that he laughs at the idea of Lucky being upset, or Lucky being brainwashed and tortured by Helena. There are so many other pathetic moments from Luke in this story besides adultery.

Archived