GH: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wow, Lulu is still as annoying as ever

Can tehy please recast Ethan with someone who speaks english?

The casting with Michael is scary. He looks SOOO much like Steve Burton. I wonder if GH would dare rewrite it so that he is Jason's bio-son

Tracy is a redhead now? Dont like it

• Members

Isn't it weird that I am really enjoying this show lately. I still love my Y&R (my number 1)but this is the other soap that I'm watching regularly. I really like the character of Dominic. And even though Michael is annoying the [!@#$%^&*] out of me--the actor is quite a find. And what is also weird is that the character of Johnny is becoming a fave of mine--I guess this is what happens when you get him away from the trainwreck known as Lulu. I think he is the best actor on this show. The storyline I really hate is the Rebecca/Nikolas one. Ditch that storyline and the show is actually pretty good. I can't believe I'm thinking this. And though I hate the character of Claudia--she is entertaining me--at least for now.

• Members

I see the usual double standards are still in play.

Luke cheats on his devoted wife, and it's fun! It's hot! Cheating doesn't mean you don't love your spouse. Anyone who feels otherwise must be mocked at every turn.

Alexis, in spite of being incredibly ill and being put in a coma a few weeks later, apparently manages to have comfort sex after she learns her daughter has slept with her husband. Let's have her other daughter tell everyone what a slut and a whore she is!

• Members

I don't see any double standard. Kristina was none too pleased with this news, but for it to be a double standard we would have to ignore every scene with Lucky for the past two months. Lucky was harder on Luke than anyone will be on Alexis or has been on Sonny, Liz, Carly, Emily and all the other serial cheaters of Port Charles. Emily cheated on Zander and was dubbed the New Lila™ for her troubles. Carly cheated on Jax and I think Jax was the one who wound up apologizing. Luke cheated on his wife 25 YEARS AGO and had to hear what scum he was for two months.

• Members

Lucky was written as being wrong to be upset with Luke. Lulu, the favorite Spencer child of GH, had no problem with Luke cheating. The only one who did was Lucky, and they make him look petulant and unreasonable.

The show made a bigger deal out of Alexis sleeping with the mayor than they even have out of his mistress being killed. That this actually could be enough to cause the case to be dropped. Everything becomes a sideshow to have Kristina rail about her slut of a mother.

• Members

It seems to me that of course Alexis' angle in this story would be more important than the murder of a character we never met. I don't think the show expects anyone to care about the murder, but just see it as some story element we file away in our brain so we can continue with the plot. We (for lack of a better word) follow Robin, Patrick, Matt, Alexis and perhaps now Kristina, but the Mayor, his wife, his mistress and still maybe Kristina are just props who have to say stuff so the people the audience follow have something to react to. It could change for Kristina,the Mayor and his wife though with time but they aren't on long enough yet.

I thought Lucky was a total ass with Luke and Holly, but I don't think he was written as totally wrong. I enjoyed that story and one of the things I think that made it good was all the characters (Luke, Lucky, Holly, Ethan, Liz, Lulu, Tracy) got a point of view that made sense, could be seen as true, and was in character.

• Members

I like that they have paired Michael with the two surviving Quartermaines.Although that will not last i tell you.Michael will somehow run back to SOnny to take his rightful place with the rest of the heard.

As for everyone else...boring and depressing.I hope this new writer will change a bit of things for GH.

Archived