Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members

And she defied her father by dating the older, rebellious JT.

Fonseca just played her with such naivete that she didn't seem like a bad girl at all.

And, it's only IMO, but Leon played her with intelligence and confidence, so she didn't seem terribly bitchy either.

IMO, Tammin hasn't played her as anything... unfortunately. I don't see her signature stamp on the character. Actually, I take that back, she's made Colleen Australian. But, of course, it's not all her fault. Colleen's just lost her ways.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally, something other for Neil to do than grope and google Tyra and in a storyline that is plausible. I certainly hope that Neil is the one to bring TGVN down, at least he is a formidable rivalry since the now brainless Colleen obviously isn't.

I really liked Billy and Sharon together as well and I think there is a lot of potential left in this storyline.

I've never seen the allure of Mac myself regardless of the actress portraying her. Never! Although, I do think Ford's Mac makes more sense perhaps it's her look, I'm just not sure the explanation but I am seeing signs of the original character once again.

Completely agree with on all points.

It does seem, to me anyway, that Tammin is merely portraying herself not the character of Colleen. Furthermore, it seems they have obviously been writing for the actress not the character, unfortunately.

• Members

It's driving me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY that there's been no laughter, no smiles, nothing upbeat with Mac. Yes, I understand that's the character - yes, I understand she just spent the last few years in God-forsaken Darfur, and that's not exactly a barrel of monkeys. But I have no reason to LIKE her. And for all intents and purposes, she really is a "new" character (as a recast). Nobody gets a free pass just because you're "Billy-and-Mac".

I know CF is capable of it, because Molly on L Word (and yes, I know it's prime-time, but I'm just talking about a smile, a breath of fresh air, something breezy and likable) was extremely enjoyable to watch, and had a beautiful smile.

But it's getting increasingly more difficult for me to hang in there with "Mac" through her dark times, when I haven't enjoyed going through her good times with her. And right now, that would go a long way with me.

Careful. That kind of thinking will get you burned. LOL! :D

• Members

"arrested development". Their last real moment together, frozen in time, is a post-adolescent marriage that exploded. That is a traumatic event that, realistically, can derail a life. And so it did. Billy plunged himself into hedonism; Mackenzie plunged herself into denial. Neither of them dealt. Neither of them ever had a real relationship after that--so--yes--longing for "what might have been" (whether conscious or not) has motivated every minute since then.

Even now, both of them (esp. Mac) are trying to fight down the sense of unfairness, love derailed, what might have been. Is it any wonder, then, that we have these unspoken glances and pained pauses? TOTALLY RIGHT! Exactly right!

For, if they were to give word to all they're thinking and feeling...neither could really deal with the torrent of emotions they've kept under lock and key these many years.

Why? Because it gives people pleasure?

It is not the ACTRESS who cannot emote. It is the CHARACTER who cannot emote. She was always defended, and she's defended-squared right now.

My guess is that it was one of those deals where they finalized casting on a Wednesday and she started shooting Friday. So, no time for this. But, the first chance they did, they started the makeover.

What constitutes "off topic". Items related to Y&R but that are not about that week? If yes, where would you put those items? If someone WANTS to talk about Vanessa Prentiss, where would you put that? Especially if it emerges organically from the weekly topics?

I love that one! Exactly!

• Members

IMO, Clementine Ford looks horrible and old. She looks like she is in Cane's age range, not Billy's. Those hairs extension do her no favors. DaytimeFan isn't here any more so in his stead, I recommend that she try a facial peel and some cucumbers for those bags under her eyes. I don't know how a 29 year woman could look like that unless she has lived a hard life. I wonder if she smokes or maybe she drinks a lot.

CF's performances are consistent with OriginalMac, that is to say, dour and uninspiring which makes her the perfect boring and uninteresting Mac. Once Billy hooks up with Mac, I expect him to figure out that they are no longer compatible and he will go find another woman. With any luck, Chloe will be hooked up with a hot guy who appreciates her by then.

Archived