Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ahhhh..let the May sweeps begin!!

I'm really looking forward to Monday's ep. The preview of Nikki and Paul dancing with Victor cutting in - YES! This beat of the story I've been waiting for! It's so classic Victor that the first sight of any problems with his current relationship he starts sniffing over to his former flames. I hope Nikki rolls her eyes and tells him to go back to his "new family" and let her go milk some cows (from her costume, i assume she's a milkmaid now).

Many posters said they see Chloe and Billy as the new Jack and Jill, but I think they're the new Jack and Patty. From the spoilers it says that

. When I read it, i wondered if it was just going to be she finds out that Nick and Phyllis AREN'T the perfect couple, but how cool would it be if SHE's the one who gets suspicious of MJ. the potential for a team-up of these two would be off the charts. Imagine MJ going after Mac on Chlo's behalf in order to keep Chloe silent??

Nina!!! Welcome home!

By the by, I will not comment on this ANY further (no pms or otherwise), but I got a very interesting e-mail from CBS/Bell Dramatic (have no idea how they got my e-mail btw) about some of my postings on here. If there was any question about whether they read our posts, it has most certainly been answered in the affirmative. And this is the only board I post on too. Our opinions ARE truly important to them.

• Members

As much as we all want them to listen to us, I think it would be a very stupid move. Focus groups and internet message boards are not to be trusted overall. It's like what Nancy Curlee told FrenchFan in his interview with her, "What is prevalent in the entire industry, not just daytime, is this terrible reliance on marketing and focus groups. People can only tell us what they liked before, not what they wish they could see. That's the artist's job, to create stories and lead people to conclusions that they aren't equipped to anticipate until they see the scenes. It's like a mother taking dictation from a child about how he'd like to be reared... backwards. It has never worked, never will, yet it's the rare executive who understands this."

• Members
I can't say that I'm surprised but I also don't think they will ever or should ever do things just to please the fans. Although, take Cane for example, fans all over have been wanting him to leave the business side and return to his blue collar ways and they are working on that, thankfully. Although, I certainly wish they'd listen about some of their casting mistakes (and she shall not be named).

I'm actually enjoying Clementine Ford as Mac; I never really cared for the character of Billy or Mac until now and I thought her makeover did wonders for the actress.

• Members

By the way--I know you won't comment--but I'll bet you got too close on the MJ=Patty hypothesis, and they asked you to settle down lest you spoil it for the others :)

Seriously, though, the number of Y&R posts is clear evidence that the fans hve been enthused! Bravo to the show!

• Members

I wish they didn't bring Mac back at all. Miller is awesome and I understand TPTB wanting to use him more (one possible motivation for bringing Mac back). But she's useless. Considering how she's settled into Genoa City mainly as a canvas for Billy's softer/stalker side, I really don't see where they're gonna go with her. Waitress?!?!? Really?

And an absolute NO to Cane and her. For God's sakes. No more boring couples!!!

• Members

Actually, I didn't see the need for Mac to come back either. Unfortunately though, it appears that a Mac/Cane/Lily trio is on the horizon plus with a Mac/Cane pairing, it would pit brother against brother, yet again. Personally, Ford doesn't seem to have any chemistry with Miller and he has chemistry with pretty much everyone. Although, I've seen a few sparks with Goddard though, unfortunately, at least if they are going there with Mac, it would get Cane out of Lily's orbit, if they are intending on keeping these actors.

• Members

ITA, I was shocked that on Monday's US episode, the utter lacking of sparkage between Miller and Ford as well. Miller has a zillion sparks with the two most boring people on the show, Lane, and not with his soulmate, Mac? I wonder if casting had Ford audition with Miller. I hope there was chemistry then and what we've seen over the past few weeks, and on Monday, is one huge fluke, because the lack of chemistry is such a let-down on so many levels.

It'd be cool if Mac was just putting a wall up to prevent herself from feeling anything for Billy or if there was just no chemistry because she doesn't like what he's become. But when we don't see Mac's inner thoughts, as we have with Chloe, it's hard to tell what the heck Mac is thinking or if this is bad acting.

And am I the only one who saw sparks between Ford and Frantz on Friday's US episode?

As for Mac and Cane, dammit NO!!!!!!!!!!

As Deedee would say, Cane just needs to die. Literally. It's a necessity at this point. And if Mac has to go down with him, so be it. Will Jimmy's have to blow up?

Is the bar still called Jimmy's LOL?

Archived