Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members
I agree and for now, I'm choosing to think that Mac is purposely not showcasing any of those feelings for Billy since he's a "family man" now in her eyes and doesn't want to come in between them and break up their little family.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really really hope that's it LOL. I wish it was clearer, though.

I have to wonder, though, why is Billy still with Chloe if they're not going to trial with Cane over Delia anymore? He should be with Lily over Chloe, in terms of who he respected more. This whole getting married to raise a child is so damn lame, and, more appropriately, unnecessary. It's not a strong-enough obstacle for Billy to stay out of Mac's life or any slut he finds at Jimmy's bar. Why is it so hard to be a bachelor and a good father on MAB's Y&R?

Anyway, with that divorce or annulment, Chloe should totally become like Phyllis to get him back. I'd love to see a frustrated Chloe on the screen again. She's wasting away getting what she wants.

• Members

Didn't they explain this a few months back when Jack pressured Billy to marry Chole? To keep the kid in the Abbott family, and to make sure Chole doesn't wander off with Delia, like Jack's children have gone on without him. It's more or less a business arrangement at this point, though Chole does love Billy.

• Members

Ah, OK. I do remember that. You're right.

But in soap world, that's still not strong enough to keep Billy in that marriage. All we keep hearing is how irresponsible and selfish he is. If TPTB wanted us to believe that was Billy's motivation, they would keep reinforcing it. Now, all I see is him in bars, him wanting Mac, him hating Chloe, him stalking Mac, him dropping of Delia to any ready and willing relative.

My point is, it should be a stronger obstacle.

• Members

By the by, I will not comment on this ANY further (no pms or otherwise), but I got a very interesting e-mail from CBS/Bell Dramatic (have no idea how they got my e-mail btw) about some of my postings on here. If there was any question about whether they read our posts, it has most certainly been answered in the affirmative. And this is the only board I post on too. Our opinions ARE truly important to them.

LOL, I was getting the feeling that MJ could be Patty as well, but they are going to have some 'xplaining to do on how her physical appearance has changed so drastically. Ok, what the heck did I just say, didn't they just have Sheila impersonate Phyllis!! :lol::lol: I think current soap writers are under the impression that their writing have become a mystery to us, especially on Y&R. If it wasn't for the fact that the show have gone deep into the archives to dig up characters and predictable storylines from the PASTTTTTTTTT, a lot of us would not have a clue as to what's coming next.

Btw, continue to share your thoughts on what happens, I might end up listening to you than watching the show!! ;)

• Members

I think they brought Mac back way too soon. They should have waited and allowed Billy and Chloe to develop as a couple and see where their chemistry and story went. Then when Billy started to have genuine feelings for Chloe then they should have brought Mac back.

But since she is on the canvas, I would like to see how she interacts with Kevin. Ford said she has been friends with Greg R. for years so maybe they need to see if they have chemistry.

The show wants us to forget that Mac did have a life after Billy and was not pining away for him for years. She lost her virginity to JT and even became pregnant by him. Now, I thought that relationship was a dud, but I always found the Mac and Kevin friendship interesting. Along with Michael and Lauren, Mac really was important to Kevin's rehabilitation as a better person.

Maybe they should have her mingle more with Kevin and see where that goes. It could just be a friendship ala Michael and Phyllis while he stays happy with Jana or they could stir up some trouble for Kevin and Jana if Kevin starts relying on Mac as opposed to his wife to help with his recovery.

• Members

I agree the insta Mac/Billy longing is too much,too soon-especially considering both actors are new to the role.

They should have acknowledged that fates were against them and they've moved on,remained friends and then feelings start developing.

It would give viewers the chance to see this Mac and Billy build a love story.

Mac should have a scene with JT to address their past.

i don't want to see Chloe as a one note desperado trying to hold on to a husband who doesn't care.

They need to bond over the baby and have good times together,but with their insecurities still coming into play.thus creating problems.

• Members

You know a scene stands out with me, where Billy had a chance to get out of the whole this whole marriage thing. It was before their wedding, upstairs at the Chancellor manse I think? Chloe was in Katherine's room getting ready for the wedding, and Billy was out in the hall. Chloe asked Billy if he was having any second thoughts and asked if he really wanted to go through with the wedding. Billy could have come clean with her right then and there, but he didn't. So I can't really say that I'll have any sympathy for Billy in this prison of a marriage their trying to portray it as. He was given a chance to back out and didn't take it (probably out of fear of losing Delia, but still).

Anyways I thought it was one of the most human moments Chloe has ever had.

• Members

Billy Miller is not the problem. He's overused but it's not his fault. The guy slipped into the role of Billy Abbott seamlessly, and has loads of charisma with the rest of the cast. The guy has been doing everything right, while being constantly hit with lame actors (Goddard, Khalil, and now Ford).

Archived