Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm going to attempt to be as optimistic as brimike and expect TPTB to insert a few Mac monologues over the next few weeks or something to flesh her out because I really don't want someone else to have joined the cast yet again and become a complete waste of space/acid on my eyeballs. I really hope they don't fail with her as they did with Eva/Tammin.

Hell, if she has more chemistry with Cane and creates a compelling triangle with Lane, I'll take it. Anything that works over something forced that doesn't.

Not that I think so LOL, but I thought we've been fed to believe that Lily was the moral barometer that her peers can't be LMAO.

I don't see the point of creating a barometer on this show, though. Is it to re-register all that's been done over the past few years is a lot worse than what we've witnessed? If so, then that's lame. Everything is bland. Inserting a barometer to remind me how bad all these characters really are won't change my mind of how they really aren't that crazy.

• Members

On the subject of Mac, I don't think we'll ever do any better than Rachel Kimsey in terms of acting ability and range. But AshBash's Mac was the one who consistently stayed in character and played Mac the way she was always intended to be - icy and unpleasant. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about Clementine at this point, but she's lightyears ahead of Kelly Kruger.

Colleen is a great character, but I have never viewed her as a moral barometer, regardless of the actress.

Fonseca's version smoked pot.

Leon's version schemed to get JT away from Mac and then slept with her teacher.

Sursok's version threw herself at Daniel to spite Amber.

Colleen is no Mac where morality is concerned, although she isn't completely devoid of morals like Amber or Chloe.

• Members

I think Clem is doing good as mac. Not great not fantastic.. but not bad or awful. Juts good, and thats OK. Because really, mac has always been an awful character IMHO. I dont htae her her so far this run, and i think thats all due to Clem but because it sure isnt the writing. The sudden "im gonna stay here for no reason" to the insta longing for Billy? WTF.

I love the ons creen relationship between mac & kay, and i think Clem & Cooper have great chem. I also really like Clem's chem with Billy Miller and with The Beastmaster. But id like to see her out and about more.

SOmething is missing for me with Mac tho, and its not the acting. Its in the writing.

Archived