Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members

Wardrobe aside, I don't care how Clementine looks. It feels like she doesn't want to be there. They should have never re-created the original Mac/Billy vows, even though they were recasts then too.

I LOVE how Billy brushed off Victor!

Oh, and I enjoyed Ana's singing today. Very well done. Victor needs to shut up, saying at "your age," to Kay/Murphy like the man isn't a fossil himself.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, come on, not even a little? ;)

Yeah, like we had any doubt you wouldn't.

Seriously, brimike, do you even know which soap we're talking about?

Really? I thought she was a bit timid, myself.

• Members

But see, OF COURSE Clementine wants to be there. It's a gig! She's done publicity for it.

You've also been told she has played animated on other shows.

So, obviously, this is the note in the script, and how the actress is playing it. I think you might be bringing something to the show and the actress that isn't there. MAC doesn't necessarily want to be there. MAC had to be talked into staying. MAC is uncomfortable being so close to the love of her life. MAC has PTSD from Darfur. That is what you're seeing.

• Members

LOL! Of course I do! I'm all for pain and heartache and tragedy, believe me. And I'm not even talking about a whole story, or even a whole episode, or even a whole scene. I would be happy with a moment or two.

Like MarkH said, a few scenes with a mentally stable Kevin would really go a long way, and address exactly what I'm talking about. Easily solved.:)

• Members

No, the actress is not playing that way. The writing is sorta there, but the actress is just so stilted. Just because she's done publicity doesn't mean much. In a dying economy, the only thing that matters much these days is collecting a steady income.

• Members

Wow, they're not using Nina much today are they? I love Tricia though, she's like such a little kid (I mean her goofiness today was enjoyable).

I have a question, is everyone posting here watching live right now?

• Members

You know what I think it is? We see a young woman (Mac) with great hair (w/ extensions), great wardrobe (although, that's probably debatable), perfect teeth and cheekbones; and we assume this girl knows what it means to enjoy herself and have a good time at least occasionally.

Truth is, though, Mac, IRL, would be working at your local book- or music store, with an imperfect body shape, dark-rimmed glasses, hair chopped off and in at least three different colors, wearing flats and dark-colored clothes most of the time, and generally never registering an emotion above "mild bemusement".

IOW...? Mac is Daria.

Archived