Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members

I'd say that would be great, except didn't Eric Braeden hate the epilepsy storyline? I think MAB is all about Victor/EB=God, so I doubt that could be the case.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Victor/EB IS God. Your "=" implies that there are two separate entities. Get it right LOL.

I kinda like that very much, only because it sucks to have such a deadly, permanent condition and not have it affect Eric in anyway anymore. Why not give him something temporary like Lyme disease too?

• Members

I'm almost positive it's Adam, but I really wish it weren't. For whatever reason I really want to see Adam come to terms with his family. For awhile I thought they would bond Victoria and Adam (when he brought Reed a present for his christening), but it never panned out.

• Members

The only thing that I recall as positive from the epilepsy story was Victor locking Nikki out, her coming in from the back door and Victor holding a gun on her. That moment was just mesmerizing; the shock of Victor doing that to her, her inability to believe it. But it was also kinda trashy. :lol:

• Members

So, I'm surprised you say that.

The initial car-jacking occurred during the week of May 1, 2006. The epilepsy diagnosis came the week of July17, 2006. The gun-holding occurred the week of September 11, 2006, with the gamma knife surgery occurring shortly thereafter. Victor began to realize that he had given Jack too much trust the week of October 23rd, 2006.

Victor was finally sharp enough to stumble onto the House of Kim scam the week of November 6th.

That is a six month story. That is longer than the recent Kay-Marge tale.

I'm not saying I don't have critiques of that story. I loved the start, but both the symptomatology was atypical of epilepsy (i.e., the spiritual visions, the gun-holding), and the follow-through has been abysmal (epilepsy is a chronic condition, but Victor shows no signs of it these days). That is classic LML.

But it does not obviate the fact that the story had strong points ("100 Places to See Before You Die"), and that it is now part of Victor's backstory, and could be used to service this gaslighting tale in a way that does not ruin Adam.

And it was a LAUGH RIOT in the start, with those lavender scented paper dolls Khan mentions. And later, after Victor wised up, when he was doing origami with Jack...priceless!

• Members

Eric Braeden also had a lengthy vacation that summer. They didn't play all the beats to that storyline. All we saw was Victor being kind to Jack for months, and saying that medication has controlled his epileptic symptoms. We didn't see him struggle enough with the illness or how it really impacted those around him significantly. It was used as a poor tool to make Victor softer and to have Jack take control of Victor in his vulnerable state. Not to mention how poorly written the effects of epilepsy were in this "storyline."

Jack was thrown horribly under a bus with this storyline too.

• Members

I don't actually dispute most of that. This may be another reason why I wouldn't mind a revisitation in the current regime...to see the beats done right.

And, regardless...it was SO FREAKING HILARIOUS, for all the reasons Ann_SS mentions. That ALONE made it surmount, for me, some of the difficulties you mention.

But it was more than five minutes, which was my point :).

I am sure it is Adam, and that will also p*ss me off.

• Members

LOL, I agree. Mac is just a dull, lifeless bore, and it doesn't help that the show must constantly tell us how "good" she is.

Can we get more Nina please? Tricia somehow makes every scene she is in incredibly entertaining. I always believed Nina to be one of the most down-to-earth, likeable and relatable charcters in soaps. I think Y&R is missing that.

Poor Neil. Victor said he wishes him the best, but the look on his face said otherwise. I'm sure that Victor will be yelling that he'll "crush him like a bug" soon enough.

Archived