Acting Police: Soaps’ worst actors

• Members

I like DC for the late breaking news, that's about it. The GL girl, Michelle really is tight with that show and has connections (She went to Florida with them on that shoot) When they print GL info, I think alot of it comes from her. I have no idea how the rest of them are qualified or in "the know"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Jamey wrote a Y&R review yesterday -- followed with a detailed discussion about the LML impact on ratings -- that most of you here would be agreeing about and saying "Amen".

And I haven't seen a column by J. Bernard Jones that hasn't been thought provoking, analytical and wise.

And the Y&R spoilers they publish are the most reliable and consistent I have found.

Plus, I value and appreciate "personality". So "smug" is good. The gals at "Serial Drama" do an even better job of "smug".

• Members

I'm sorry many belong on that list before Vail Bloom

*edit*- sounds like his hate or nnoyance for the character convinced him to put VB on the list, that's more the writing than the actress. VB is not strong in the role of a prosecutor but there is room for improvement and she's not that bad, also when she gets the opportunity she shines elsewhere

• Members

I don't mind him not naming every bad actor out there, because Kamar and David were barely on OLTL over the last year. Farah, on the other hand, has been one of the show's main stars. From time travel to the awful leukemia story, it's been all about Gigi. And Farah has let the show down, time after time. She's helped drive several hundred thousand viewers from the show. She also can't cry. Or show emotion. The most interesting about her is...her hair.

If that's not hair model, I don't know what is.

• Members

Oh Farah Fath and Natalia Livingston need to be on that list.

I think Vail is a pretty girl (with an oddly distracting mole), but she's not a very good actress at all. Still, I think there are people worse than her.

I agree with McInnes Wood and Moss has never in his life turned in anything close to a good performance.

The other one I'm iffy on is Bonnie Dennison. When they stuck Daisy with Grady she regressed wildly, but in the abortion story, when working opposite Zimmer and Ehlers I thought she showed definite signs of potential.

It's however, highly bothersome that he called Alderson a "talented ingenue" :rolleyes:

Archived