Acting Police: Soaps’ worst actors

• Members

I haven't seen *that* much of Heather to judge VB's acting ability fairly, but I will say that the first few times I saw her I was NOT buying her as a lawyer. She seemed like a teenager doing mock trial or something, my girlfriend was a little more positive saying that she buys her as a fresh from law school/more serious Legally Blonde type, but I say, Would she have such heavy cases this soon?

I can think of worse hair/underwear models on GL than Nelson's picks.

I didn't like CH at all on GL, and Stacy is by no means endearing, but I don't think her acting is really sucking. She's just a shrill, annoying character who suffers from rush job writing that lacks solid character motivation and finesse. She is a bad girl, but she is no Rachel Davis. Let's not confuse character/writing vs. acting ability. It's just like when people confuse charisma for talent, they are not the same thing. Fumero is worse than Hunt.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Heather has no character. She exists now as someone for Victor to laugh at. Nothing more. So that's why I can't fault VB. She's not good, but when the writing for her is this pointless, and has nothing to do with motivations or meaning, what can she do?

There are many others on Y&R who have had more opportunities than her and who have failed to deliver. There are also some who have been on the show for many years and who have still not lived up to what they should be.

Vail is low-hanging fruit. You can poke at her and no one will care. Most of the list is, "Soaps' worst easy targets".

• Members

Two fruitloops in the same cereal box is what those two are: Nelson and Jamey.

That's exactly how I feel and Heather, not Vail, is the one that is miscast. Heather should be a young woman that's having the time of her life instead of being the ADA.

Crystal Hunt's character is what is wrong with her; Stacy Morasco is not human and is being sacrificed for the sake of Gigi/Fath.

• Members

Marano has improved vastly in the last few weeks.

So did PLENTY of other people. Even a few here at SON, where many of us are hard to please.

Also, FWIW, Jamey was praising Sursok for MONTHS before Branco was.

Psst...

Peter Bergman. :ph34r:

• Members

:lol:

Praising? Yeah, right. :D He only said he liked those few scenes during Brad's death (you know, they three different one-minute scenes).

I regularly listen to that podcast and he only started praising her when that Brad stuff started.

• Members

Braeden has been one-note for years, he only perks up when he gets to read various unworthy characters the riot act, which has helped to make everyone in Victor's circle very pathetic and difficult to care about. But he's never going to be on a worst acting list, because he's an institution.

Archived