March 30 - April 3, 2009

Toups

• Members

TV: DAYS 2,870,000 (-182,000)

Women 18-49 Rating-Viewers

1.(1) Y&R 1.6/1.09 million (SAME/+35,000)

2.(2) GH 1.3/864,000 (-.1/-54,000)

2.(4) OLTL 1.3/853,000 (+.1/+35,000)

2.(2) DOOL 1.3/844,000 (-.1/-114,000)

2.(4) AMC 1.3/836,000 (+.1/+20,000)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH is fluctuating on a weekly basis with the overall viewers and is down from last year in the 18 to 49 women demo, but it is holding steady and not losing more of those women so that is some good news for ABC. I bet GH rebounds in overall viewership next week. I do not think that the ratings for GH are dire though its content is [!@#$%^&*].

Kudos to AMC for its 2nd place in the 18 to 49 demo. It is a surprise.

• Members

Although the viewers are down week to week, it doesn't look bad in the dailies.

Spectacular week for DAYS. What a rebound this soap has made for NBC. Gives GL a lot of hope for its second run on Lifetime this fall. I think NBC should think about bringing back Another World to build off this momentum DAYS has been having.

ABC Soaps are a disappointment but at least two of them are up year to year. ABC Daytime will go as AMC and GH goes. One Life to Live really needs these two shows to pick it up as this show is too great right now to be sandwiched in the middle of them getting these ratings. Only good thing GH plans on doing is airing it in HD which I can't wait for. I want to see the new Michael not Carly and Jax get back together, that relationship is a horrible mess.

CBS had a very good week and Friday coming off of their cancellation announcement. It doesn't look to have shaken viewers that much from Wednesday-Friday.

When GL and ATWT go to Lifetime, I wonder if CBS will ask Bell to create a third soap to replace ATWT?

• Members

Where has it been confirmed GL and ATWT will move to Lifetime? All I've seen are rumors.

It's great to be an optimist, but it's misleading to post something as though it's true when there's no concrete evidence to support it.

ETA: Also, regarding DAYS....it's doing better than it did at its worst a couple years ago, but it's down 0.2 from last year in women 18-49, just as GH is. (And ironically, they're tied now, just as last year). In contrast, both OLTL and AMC are up.

• Members

It is very interesting looking at the ratings for ABC daytime.... Both OLTL and AMC are ahead of their numbers last year, AMC 300,000 for the 2nd week in a row. GH, the corner stone, is down huge from last week and down from last year too. Its very good as a fan of the genre to see both AMC and OLTL doing better than last year and more importantly ahead of the crown jewel. Its very refreshing. Pratt maybe be doing alot of debatable things, he is doing what B&E and McT couldn't... he isn't bleeding viewers and he is actually gaining some. His job is safe for a while.

Archived