• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Aaaannnd milk! 

Please register in order to view this content

Yes, how could I forget about the evil Canadian dairy industry dropping the cost of ultrafiltered milk that the U.S. specializes in? Lumber was sooo earlier this week, it's all about dairy now!

In other news,

A lot of Black women (including yours truly) talked of feeling unsafe in the wake of Trump being elected.

Well voilà, Sisters With Guns in the age of Trump! I guess that's one way of dealing with the issue.

More black women are learning to use guns: 'this is a movement, and it starts now'

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

True. Most of them voted for Obama over Hillary because he passed the liberal litmus test at the, the Iraq War. Many of them couldn't vote for Hillary because she voted for the war, and they want to deal with Clinton baggage of the 90s. Any Democrats that did support Hillary over Obama, were either racists (if they weren't black) or sellouts (if they were black) by the MSM and the Urban Media.

• Members

I'll tell that to my mother, a woman raised in Jim Crow Mississippi who took a colored bus to school. I'll make sure to let her know that her support of Hillary over Obama could only be the result of her being a MSM sellout.

Seriously. This purity bull is ridiculous.

• Members

dear...don't feed the trolls. they say ignorant, stupi crap like this to get nothing but a rise out of people. let them be ignorant on their own...YOU know the truth.

He probably tripped trying to run from his wife after the cheating scandal. foot surgery.....he knows he'll have to investigate so he doesn't want to.

• Members

I never thought of that one as a troll. The original remark...yeah.

It's just so funny because the 2008 primary is the only time my mom and I have ever been on the opposite side of a issue. We've had issues where our level of engagement is different - LGBT rights for example - but we've never been opponents. Of course when I remind mom of that she's very quick to point out that she had nothing against Barack but she simply didn't know him while she'd been a supporter of Hillary's for decades. Hillary was family and Obama was that cousin that we'd never seen at a previous reunion. But don't dare make it sound like she likes one more than the other. She loves them both like they were made of cake.

I'm sick of purity ponies screaming "sellout" whenever they encounter real world politics. I have my dealbreakers, one of which is reproductive rights, (I could and will never vote for an anti-choice Dem.) but I am one of those dreaded establishment pragmatists so I'm going to do what needs doing. Also, as a black woman, purity politics are a luxury I can't afford, like trusting the police. It's the reason I'm sending money to Rob Quist in Montana. He was a Sanders supporter and is anti-gun control and under most circumstances I wouldn't send him a dime but every seat in Congress matters. Every single [!@#$%^&*] one.

Edited by marceline

• Members

I've gotten to the point that I just ignore the purity people. they want the perfect Democrat.....then build her/him in a lab. they don't exist....I had to realize that you have to take things as they are with candidates one votes for. I was a HRC fan but Obama stayed more consistent to me. I remember the last DNC last year....every speaker was a firebrand. every single one was lighting the place up...except her. But, I KNEW she was so much better than the idiot we have in office now. Dems need work in many areas....but people not voting because the candidate isn't exactly they way they want will keep Republicans winning, because they truly don't care IMO how that person is. 

• Members

I'm one of those Democrats that voted for Hillary over Obama in 2008 primary, and if that makes me a troll, so be it. The only conservative that posts on here is GregNYC, and he doesn't really defend his positions. I'm a member of other forums, where there's more diverse political viewpoints (Conservatives, Libetarians, Bernie Bros, Liberals), and we go back and forth with each other.