Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Election tampering is very serious and that's what Russia is accused of. If Trump colluded with Russia to tamper with the results, then there could be a strong enough case in court to hold fresh elections in the event of a conviction. Congress is not going to do it, but a court could and if this goes deep enough, I could see that happening.

Edited by ReddFoxx

• Members

Pence is only safe if the Intelligence Community decides he is and doesn't leak and even then, there's more than 50% of this country who aren't buying Pence. Probably more than that. Trump didn't win because of Pence.

I've now seen a couple of members of the GOP come out and attack the IC. Now trust me when I say the IC is not ethical and has their own interests they are protecting. But when you go after them, compare them to the Gestapo, you get what you asked for. This is a group of agencies that have worked to topple governments around the world. People thinking anyone in the GOP is protected is crazy. And their goal mind you is to force the GOP's hand. If they don't change their tune, the main players IMO will be picked off one by one. Don't think they have nothing on the likes of Paul Ryan.

The question one has to ask is how deep does it go. There was also information leaked related to some congressional races particularly in a couple of races in Florida, that the GOP congressional caucus led by Paul Ryan had no issue using against the democratic opposition.

It's sad when the only way the GOP can win is through voter suppression and now through being in cahoots with a foreign adversary to tamper with our elections, perhaps this country's biggest adversary for the past 65 years. But I know, the GOP is all about America first.

• Members

That's exactly the right question, how deep does all of this go? There is no telling who was caught up in this and who was aware of what was happening. There is potential for the government to be thrown into flux and we are 21 months out from regularly scheduled elections. Anyone who is outraged about this mess needs to stay outraged for all those months, because that is the quickest opportunity that we have to create change.

• Members

Why is a Russian "spy ship" said to be "loitering" of the Connecticut coast?

If memory serves me correctly, Groton (where the ship is said to be loitering) is the town where a naval academy is located. Am I right?

Every day, new bizarre events, new chaos.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

In this afternoon's presser, when asked about the alarming rise of anti-Semitism in the US after his election, the President had this response: "Well, I just want to say that we are, you know, very honored by the victory that we had," Trump replied. "Three hundred and six electoral college votes. We were not supposed to crack 220. You know that, right?" Trump asked, turning to Netanyahu.

• Members

This is how I see it too. The upside to Pence is that he probably won't nuke anyone or get us nuked. Not sure what his stance on immigration is, but I doubt it's as harsh as Trump/Bannon. 

I'm seeing talk of sending ground troops to Syria. As much as I enjoy this WH making every mistake possible, I hope they avoid this one.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/politics/pentagon-considering-recommending-combat-troops-in-syria/index.html

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Remember when we were hearing how unsafe America is because refugees are coming to terrorize the nation and only Trump can save us all?

I guess he's got to put that hysteria on hold for the rally he's holding on Saturday

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/trump-to-celebrate-rough-week-with-florida-rally-on-saturday.html

Maybe there will be protesters and how great it would be if they outnumbered his cheering squad in a classic battle of who can pay the most for a crowd.

Please register in order to view this content