Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Obama's hands are not clean when it comes to Syria. But I will say in an interview he gave about 6 months before he left office he was asked whether there were things he regretted during his presidency and number 1 was Syria to the point where he said it continues to keep him up nights. I think the most humane thing we could do as a country at this point is to allow the refugees in and up that number. We aren't Germany who had limited experience with vetting large numbers of refugees from this part of the world. I'm not suggesting millions, but we should certainly take in a reasonable number. Sending ground troops in accomplishes nothing.

Interesting that one of the criticisms people threw at Hillary was her hawkishness and that she was going to get us involved in more wars, sending more troops overseas.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

So the FBI is releasing a trove of documents related to Trump's racial discrimination practices in the 70s. Didn't we all read about this during the campaign? Trump's voters didn't care that he is a racist, how does this help now?

The only way it helps is, it helps distract the focus away from the building evidence against the Trump administration and it's treasonous activities.

• Members

Oh boy!

Anyway you look at it, it's just a shame that this is how government is run now.

@JaneAusten I agree with you. All that immigration information has been out there along with the domestic violence issues. The public airing of some of the contents of that 1990 episode, coupled with the fact that the Senate was in the process of acquiring permission to get into those sealed divorce files was what cause Pudzer to back out.

As if we aren't forced to deal with enough deplorables today, a blast from the past jumps out of that basket and back into the political headlines.

Leaked Emails Show Justice Clarence Thomas’s Wife Pushing Travel Ban

• Members

In a way, it would be a blessing for Congressional Republicans to become so bogged down with Trump's many (and I do mean many) scandals that they have little, if any, opportunity to push forward their nasty agendas.  As it is, the more they wave away demands for probing into Russian and other matters, the more the situation grows; and the more it grows, the uglier it's all gonna get when it DOES explode.