Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

According to reports, earlier today President Obama called Bernie Sanders and had a conversation, there are no reports on what they discussed.  There were reports floating around even earlier that the President had planned to endorse Hillary by Wednesday.  Later in the evening some of the superdelegates decided to cast their votes for Hillary.   Some contend that this there could be a link (lol).  I won't go that far but Hillary also pulled ahead of Trump in polls after her speech last week, so this probably gave some superdelegates more confidence in her abilities in the general election.

Hillary is right to urge her would-be supporters to still vote in the rest of the primaries.  She wants a definitive win to push her total over the top to create as much distance between her and Sanders as possible so that she can vanquish him.  I see her getting New Jersey by a healthy margin but if she can also get California and maybe even New Mexico, Bernie won't have mucht to say afterward.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The media call is definitely not something Clinton wanted, because closing out with the pledged delegate lead is a firm and solid finish. She will still gain the outright majority of pledged delegates tomorrow, but it would have been preferential to have the call made then and not now. The media was anxious to call it anyway, so that's what they did.

• Members

She knows that Sanders and his supporters will now forever say it was all rigged and he never had a chance in the last contests. It also gives him a better chance of winning more states tomorrow as his supporters will be determined to lash out. 

The "liberal" media shows yet again that they have no time for Hillary. 

On the Trump topic - a typically inane response from Kelly Ayotte, a far right Republican who has always gotten too much of a pass because she got a lot of undeserved hype early on and because she and McCain and Graham are BFFs and they can help the Beltway remember their beloved "sensible" party. 

“I felt that his comments were wrong and offensive, and I’ve urged him to retract them,” said Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), who is running for reelection against Maggie Hassan, her state’s Democratic governor. “I’m running my race and focusing on the people of New Hampshire. I’ve said he’s our nominee; I plan to vote for him, but I’m not endorsing.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-republicans-congress-senate-223968#ixzz4ArSb0MfI 

If you're voting for him, you are endorsing him, brain trust. 

I really hope she loses in November.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

^ Yeah. I see a lot of Republicans trying to back away from Trump in a half assed way.  They know deep down that having anything to do with this guy is immoral (and that's not a word you'll see me bandy about often), but they can't bring themselves to completely renounce him. I can't respect these people who are trying to have it both ways.

• Members

Hillary is up around 400K or so in California.

The WH apparently just released this. It reads to me like Bernie might actually, really, truly concede under Obama's orders at 1 AM EST, when he'll be speaking.

Meanwhile: Yikes. Read this.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This primary finally being over is a good thing because it went on far too long. Judging from that Politico article, I don't see how Sanders really has the common sense or temperament to be President, much less take on Trump. Can you imagine what a nightmare a Trump vs. Sanders race would be?