The Politics Thread

• Members

Whatever his reasons it's really weird that he's lying about it in 2016 when we all know that he's lying. If he had just told the truth it would have just been an odd little blip in the daily wall to wall Trump coverage. Instead the media is now grilling his spokes people and they look like idiots for sticking to the lie and saying things like "I don't care how many voice experts you have it wasn't him". Right.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Things are a shitshow in Nevada with some of the Sanders delegates not registering as Democrats. Their response? Revolt, demand a recount and turn the local convention into chaos while calling Barbara Boxer a sellout bitch.

Here's Wonkette's colorful take.

Edited by Vee

• Members

That is a very colorful take (lol) to say the least but this damn election season feels like it's going on ad infinitum for I'm open to all the interesting and entertaining takes I can get, especially if they are grounded in actual fact.  This election season is so long!

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I am getting so sick and tired of Bernie Sanders. Who knew this man above could get so many younger voters. Now his supporters are getting just as bad as Trump's. 

• Members

Josh Marshall says the Sanders 'strategy' re: Nevada comes from the top.

His statement about Nevada is astonishingly awful - blaming the chaos on anger over an 'unfair' convention and saying he's never had any violence at all his rallies, 'some in high-crime areas.'

• Members

I saw a bit of a thing on Rachel Maddow when she interviewed one of his delegates at the Nevada convention and she claimed they were all hungry and had too much to drink...and something about the rules. 

Very inspiring.

• Members

Bernie and Trump supporters are not anywhere near similar IMO.  Sure, Bernie's have gotten quite a bit more vocal and (arguably, angry).  But they are not flaming racists and intolerant assholes.  It is a little frustrating watching Bernie win primaries and caucuses only to still be trailing Hillary because of the DNC's silly "Super Delegates".  WTF does that even mean?  How does one become one and what makes their support any more important than any other delegate?  Like it or not, there is a substantial, sustained populous movement for Mr. Sanders.  Does that make me like Hillary any less?  No.  It makes me like the DNC less lol.  

Edited by GMac

• Members

If these reports are factual and not exaggerations.  

Sanders should take a stronger stance to distance himself and his campaign from these "supporters".  However, I don't see how the statement released from him is "awful"?  Apart from appearing to be lackadaisical with regard to a few troublemakers, exactly how is it awful?

• Members

I would agree that Sanders supporters are not as vitriolic as Trump supporters, but I disagree that some Sanders supporters aren't racists. If their posts on social media are any indication, they are condescending and over the line toward racist as they say that if Blacks knew what was good for them, they'd vote for Sanders and calling anyone of color, in particular, who doesn't vote for Sanders, ignorant and uneducated.  

Bernie did himself no favors making that ridiculous 'deep South' statement.  I know quite a few people of color who were Sanders supporters who dropped off one by one after this series of occurences, and after this latest incident, they have fallen silent in regards to him.  

I myself, for over a decade used to watch and admire him when I used to hear him speak but I've been completely turned off after seeing the way he's run his campaign.  Can you imagine what would've happened to Obama had he run his campaign this way?!  Names like thug would've been bandied about openly.  Sanders tries to align himself with the underdog while operating from a position of privilege- this is the main reason that many voters of color are not really voting for him in earnest and his stubborn refusal to speak to the rabid wing of his supporters speaks to this privilege and how he wields it.

Edited by DramatistDreamer