Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The eviction moratorium going until September and the increase in SNAP are really great. Those huge car lines for food banks are heartbreaking. So many people are going to be saved from homelessness and hunger because of this. Not to mention the mental trauma that people, (especially children) would have experienced.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Unfortunately, in this ever-changing world in which we're living, as soon as we exalt individuals like Daniel Hodges to hero status, we find ways to tear them down.  I'm sure it won't be too long before we find out something really salacious about him -- like, he likes to beat the hell out of women while high on crank at illegal cock-fighting matches, or something.

• Members

It seems almost completely anti-climactic that people are belatedly realizing how terrivly destructive this man is, when I think about how some of us knew from before he was elected just how much we stood to lose, and I mean human life, at that. I try not to contemplate this too often because when I do, it causes all those feelings of anger and betrayal that I felt the morning after the election to come flooding back. This Op-Ed written by Michelle Goldberg perfectly encapsulates my thoughts on this very belated judgement and meting out of consequences.

• Members

Reading reports that newly elected Fulton County D.A. Fani Willis, is considering hiring a special assistant to oversee an investigation into Trump's alleged attempts to overturn the election results for the state of GA.

Someone mentioned both Leticia James and Fani Willis and said that Trump and co. have been worried about the wrong squad

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I shouldn't revel in others' misfortunes, but it'd be such delicious irony to see Leticia James and Fani Willis (and other WOC) take down Trump's phony ass.

I figured we'd get around to blaming movies, TV and video games for the attack before too long.

Edited by Khan

• Members

On the one hand, I am relieved to know that this VA man has been apprehended. On the other hand, it is more than unsettling to think of the others who lurk, waiting to attempt the same thing.

Internicine conflict has been quite a long time coming for the GOP, when you remember the rifts that were forming with the emergence of the Tea Party. Like they say, "Winning covers a multitude of sins" and the Republicans taking over the Senate during the Obama administration and Trump capturing the White House four years ago, briefly obscured the fracturing of the GOP. Personally, I could care less if that party goes away forever. I just think this fracture did not just suddenly spring up. It's been there for over a decade.

Please register in order to view this content