Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I want to agree, but this is going to be used for years-long voter suppression efforts, so I feel like if there's a way to break through this may be one of the last chances we have to do so. Sadly I guess it is probably too late, and the time was before the election, when state legislatures were still up for grabs.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Carl, you know I like you, but you need to look at the big picture: Even with ALL of the schitt the GOP tried for this election, Joe Biden got the MOST VOTES OF ANY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIATE IN HISTORY.

I'm not naive; I know the GOP is filled with criminals. But the alert percentage of voters didn't bite - and won't. Again, my point stands: The ignorant buy into it all because it makes them feel superior.

And this is why I am so grateful to have intelligent, focused people on our side like Stacey Abrams. I hope she can help both GA candidates steal the Senate from Turtle. Being MINORITY leader would kill him.

And if it doesn't happen? Well, Joe does have the EO that Don so loved if the Senate won't cooperate. And there is ALWAYS 2022. Never lose hope. Then the bastards win.

• Members

For me the big picture is they are trying to work to make sure what we saw with Biden never happens again. I am in no way trying to take away from Biden, or Stacey Abrams. I am just posting this stuff because I feel like we need to keep an eye on all the disinformation they spread. That's all. 

• Members

I'm sure I'm probably more to the left of most of the people here (just by virtue of my location and whatever), so I'm not trying to sound ignorant when I ask this, but what's the deal with the AOC hate from the liberal side of things? I'll admit I've only see her on twitter and CNN and she seems aggressive but relatively harmless. However, I see so much dislike here and from in the news and that also seems really valid, so I'm just left confused. I get the issue with Bernie, but she seems innocuous to me so I feel like I'm clearly missing something. I get the Democrats are the left wing party, but not super far to the left, so is that the issue? Is it her personally? The idea of not wanting to push the party too far to the left? 

• Members

Although I must admit that I personally don't hate AOC, I do think that the enmity comes from the fact that she and the Justice Democrats insist on primary-ing members of their own party, in other words, other Democrats, which many see as shooting oneself in the proverbial foot, aka, "friendly fire". AOC's primary victory over an incumbent years ago, not withstanding, many of the insurgent candidates backed by the Justice Democrats in the NYC area challenged other Democrats who were also Black and viewed as being highly effective within their respective communities. It has been seen as an affront encouraged by other Justice Democrats, but namely her, as she is the most visible member. Also, for all her starpower, she is seen by many as not being nearly as effective in her job as a Congresswoman Lauren Underwood, who was elected at the same time but with little fanfare, has actually managed to successfully write and/or co-sign successful legislation.