Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMG. I am laughing my ass off. There is an entire Twitter thread detailing various pranks and jokes that have been done via the new number.

There seems to be another number (unsure if it is another change or an addition to the prior page's number!). By all means, please do NOT call and, say, moo or request a song on the radio to the "fraud" team!

• Members

He's a coward who is terrified of direct confrontation - with anyone - and often tries to delegate major decisions, like firings, onto anyone else for fear of making an unpopular choice. All the firings in his administration, he's always phoned eight million sycophants begging for advice on what to do and tried to offload the responsibility onto others, or tried to neg the men and women out of their jobs on twitter to get them to resign first. I've never been afraid of his will.

• Members

On the LGBTQ tip, this is something I suspect is largely relevant to the white posters among us but still something to discuss and something I've been pondering while lurking in certain dark corners of the Internet over the last few days for schadenfreude:

The amount of increasingly earnest sounding posts at various right-wing Trumpist cesspools from cis/hetero young men saying they've been holding back wanting to transition or come out of the closet over the last four years and "suppressed it" bc they thought Trump would make America great again and help them overcome, and now they want to surrender the fight, is truly unusual. It's not all trolling - there's a real psychosexual/identity complex for some of these very shut-in young men. It's not an excuse for their behavior I would ever personally accept or tolerate. But it seems like Trumpism became a convenient cloak and denial mechanism for some struggling young people, and I am not the only one who's noticed this in the last few days. I await the first deep dive into it. Trumpist culture (which IMO cannot and will not replicated with another GOPer, because none of them have the longstanding media/popcult appeal of Trump) crossed party and racial/social lines, including to some of the Latino vote or two disaffected swing voting idiots. It reached red state or overcompensating (or both) questioning young men. It consumed everything.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Young people (as well as a few old) have always had to struggle when it comes to identity. And sometimes that hold back and denial can be just as dangerous. 

It will be interesting in this time of 'changing management' if they can find a way to be happy or at least find a way to accept something that works for them. 

• Members

@DRW50Some of those TV/Megachurch evangelical leaders are grifters that could teach the Trumps a thing or two. Then give them a run for their money when it comes to being downright shameless about stealing from the lonely and elderly. It's unreal.

I love some of the small things about Biden. Like when he said their presidential ticket got more votes than any in history.  He included Kamala in the success, instead of bragging for 15 mins about he got the most votes in history.

O/T Thank you everyone for the condolences, it means a lot.