Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As an outsider looking in, I have to say that I'm completely stunned about what is happening. I knew that Trump would be a sore loser (although I didn't expect it to be this bad), but the behaviour of other Republicans is unbelievable. I'm amazed that they can stand up since they seem to be missing a spine....

And the pathetic excuses they come up with to justify their despicable behaviour is mind-blowing. I'm so f*ckin tired of old white men and their f*ckin sense of entitlement.  

Please register in order to view this content

And it really shouldn't matter whether they succeed or not. The mere fact that they're doing this should be enough. I'm thoroughly disgusted.

• Members

Welcome to the United States.  The Freedom Country that discriminates as much as they can and are damn proud of it.  If I could afford to leave, I would.  

And let me say - you have no idea how bad they are.  They are a terrible awful bunch of entitled people who know it.  And they do not apologize for their greed.  And they will not accept that baby Hughey Daddy is a loser.  

• Members

Here's what I don't understand (and if I have my facts wrong, please, by all means, correct me): even if Trump's legal team succeeds in getting votes tossed out, those wouldn't be enough to change the outcome of the election.  Ergo, what is the point in all this, except to burn everything down and keep Trump's name in the papers on his way out?

• Members

Trump is trying to get mail in votes tossed out, if he succeeds he will have won in some states and it could overturn the election. Plus Republicans are attempting to do in local and state races too. Some states still haven't certified their votes or haven't officially finished counting. If there was a way I successfully stay away from all sorts of political news for the next 2 months, I would but my paranoia and my professional life won't let me.

• Members

I wouldn't say he could even get votes tossed out, as he can't point to any single instance of voter fraud. He would have to supply that evidence first. I think someone earlier hit the nail on the head though in that they are trying to establish a foothold to weaken the states rights/laws concerning elections. That was straight out of the Kavanaugh playbook and that's what conservatives are trying to do moving forward. Make it so states themselves can't hold elections and rules are administered by the federal government, making it easier for them to disenfranchise certain voters who Republicans can't win with. This also establishes a precedent where incumbent Presidents can refuse to concede elections. Democrats won't use this, but Republican presidents very well may. 

• Members

Sigh. Are folks going on substantiated proof, or nah?

The last time I checked, I thought that, if we're talking court challenges (as opposed to a presidential appointee, like a Supreme Court Judicial pick), isn't the burden of proof on the party that brings the allegation? The Trump team has already had a few of their legal challenges tossed out (nothing new for them since they have been losing court challenges since the day Trump took office in 2017). In terms of throwing out votes, this isn't about hanging Chads, these votes were cast, received, accepted and counted. In 2000, only one network had unofficially called the race, while all, even Fox News channel have called it...on Saturday! Today is Tuesday.

No offense, but some of you hang out on too many right-wing forums and it shows.

Not to sound rude but if you're going to try to stress folks out, at least stress them out over something worth stressing by out over.

Edited by DramatistDreamer