Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Agree.  If anything, the GOP has co-opted his principles (such as they are) to the point where they almost don't need him anymore to accomplish whatever they want to accomplish.  There isn't anything that says someone else -- perhaps, someone with more finesse -- won't come along to fill the vacuum that Donald Trump will inevitably leave behind, thereby morphing Trumpism into something else.

• Members

Thanks for posting. I heard about this from other supporters of her about 2 hours ago. We still have a ton of mail in ballots to count in Illinois and she was only 900 votes behind. Oberweiss that sleazy grifter is already raising money for a recount. He knows he likely lost. I am so happy. I volunteered for her in 2018 and in 2020 and she's one of the hardest working members of congress. I hope it holds. And it might just reinstate my opinion of her district residents who have to know how hard she works for them

• Members

I'm glad to hear about Underwood, as I've seen nothing but praise for her work, even if she doesn't get the attention that the Squad or Katie Porter tend to get. Oberweis is an uber-rich moron who just runs for office anywhere and everywhere in Illinois until someone is dumb enough to vote him in. 

I hadn't expected the Senate (although there's still a chance), as I always had a bad feeling about ME and NC, but the loss of some of the people in the House is really dispiriting as many of them were very good reps who genuinely cared about their constituents. At least some are hanging on, and hopefully will be in good shape for 2022. 

I think Esper was one of the people Trump was going to fire if he won anyway. 

I don't think so. Paul Ryan had two huge chances and blew both of them. There's no real going back. His vision of the GOP, thin as it was, has no real place in the current party, as they can match his austerity fetish with a frenzied "OWN THE LIBS! OWN THE LIBS!!!" cocaine hysteria that he never could pull off. He'll stay on the sidelines, pontificating and practicing "serious" faces in the mirror. And skipping leg day.

• Members

I might have said this before on this board, but I have prepared myself for the possibility of never seeing another non-Caucasian male elected to the WH in my lifetime.  Same goes for a potential female president, or even gay or lesbian one (sorry, Pete).  I'll be surprised and delighted if any of that happens, but America is just too broken to accept anything other than straight, white men as its' leaders.  Taking another crack at changing that mindset, I'm afraid, will have to be up to the next generation.