Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Democrats better immediately be trying to register people like crazy in Georgia and North Carolina - looks like all 3 Senate seats (2 in Georgia) will go to a runoff for January 5th.  This will determine control of the Senate.  

Nevada will be reporting 51,000 ballots tomorrow- still have many more than that to process and probably won’t know those results until the weekend.  Ugh

• Members

A lot of people are saying Nevada is "callable", and should be called now - the problem is the previous call with Arizona which still seems a bit close. With the AP and Fox already calling Arizona for Biden, it creates the narrative that Biden already won, when it looks like the vote for Arizona is still out. It's a bit of a mess. If they call Nevada for Biden, that most likely means he won Arizona as well. Wouldn't surprise me if most news outlets wait until Arizona is finished counting before releasing the wins of both states. 

• Members

I've liked McCaskill in the past, but I (and I think Carl too) found her statement tin-eared, offensive and playing into a lot of the same stuff both the media and Bernie regularly pushed re: dismissing social issues. So while AOC's or Parker Malloy's words may be harsh I agree with a lot of what they and others have said on that point. A lot of people I know took offense to that, not just Ocasio-Cortez. I think there is something to be said for modulating approach, but not playing into a right wing narrative.

Meanwhile: Rick Santorum, of all people, just said on CNN that Biden has likely won PA, which is no surprise to me.

LOL, try it:

• Members

I think McCaskill was a very adroit politician who held on as long as she could, and I'm sorry she lost. It's just that I am always very concerned about any electoral argument that essentially says white conservative Democrats sacrificed their power so that "others" could have a chance. The image of Ma and Pa Joad being led astray because of gays, trans people, or women who don't want to be sent to prison for buying birth control is classic Republican framing, and she is being paid handsomely to spread that to millions of viewers at a time when the courts are lined with people who are more than happy to execute her vision. It's dehumanizing and dangerous.

The irony is that many Bernie supporters share her view, which just shows you the toxicity of the horseshoe theory. 

• Members

DeVos and her war profiteering brother should be fully investigated. Sadly that is not likely. 

As for Trump 2024, that would be a fast way for him to get cash to help pay his debts, and to continue to be in the spotlight. Based on how obese and drugged up he seems to be, I don't think he will last to 2024, but he won't be going away anytime soon. 

• Members

Speaking of Sanders:

I have my doubts. Trump has zero work ethic, loyalty to the GOP, stamina or interest in anything beyond himself. He is bored with politics, and now dejected and deeply wounded. His rallies will wind down with smaller numbers soon enough; he'll try a big grift operation, but like so many of his other attempts at business ventures it will flop. Plus he's got pending cases against him. I think he'll go back into the Palin wilderness in 18 months, maybe less. He'll want to retreat to safe havens. Further, the id he represents for the GOP voters has always existed without him. And they hate a loser.