The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't know why, but it always sticks in my craw whenever pundits and the like show so much concern over how the WWC and the Latinos/Hispanics will vote but either show little (if any) concern over how African-Americans vote or assume (or take for granted, however you care to phrase it) we'll vote Democrat.  Like, how many times must we save you from yourselves before you come around to appreciating us, America?

Going forward, I'd like to see that change.

And I can't even make sense of the theory, lol!  Let's see: God put Trump into power (according to the "prophets" that Mama Khan listens to on YT) in order to bust up a devil-worshipping cult of pedophiles that's working from within the government?  And somehow, the Catholic church and Pope Francis (who's to be arrested any day now -- along with the Clintons and Obama) are all in on it??  Honestly, Sonni/Solita was easier to follow.

It's probably because he's running low on self-tanning lotion. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's gonna make people long for the return of the BLM and George Floyd protests. 

Please register in order to view this content

Admit it: you, too, thought they were talking about the guy who played Jeff on DYNASTY:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/05/us/election-results/john-james-refuses-to-concede-to-gary-peters-in-michigan-senate-race

Edited by Khan

• Members

One of the problems is when any racial group is seen as a monolith or taken for granted. It's one of the reasons when I see white people on social media saying things like "black women are saving us again!" I end up cringing (I am white myself and probably no better at being tone deaf, I will admit), because it just comes across as cringey and pandering. It's another version of the 2016 stuff where a lot of people online attacked black men for not voting enough. You need better communication strategies, not trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing. The Democrats were lucky that Trump's virulent racism prevented him from landing on a better strategy than having rappers shill for him. Before their coalition overreached and imploded in 2005-2006, Rove and W had a much more potent strategy. 

A few weeks ago I read this article about Qanon spreading in Europe, basically talking about how the reason it's so dangerous is because you can make it what you want it to be. It felt like a kick in the stomach, because that is one of the main reasons Trumpism is so dangerous, and why they are so easy to intertwine.

https://www.politico.eu/article/qanon-europe-coronavirus-protests/

I saw some photo going around social media - who knows if it was real or another tedious attempt at edgelord humor - of some man's hand, which had a scrawl on it saying he had voted for Biden, but don't call him a traitor because he still believed in Qanon. That really threw me, because it just made me wonder how far this rot is going to end up going. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

A month or so ago there was a puff piece on James Baker, as the guy who wrote it (Peter Baker - no relation I assume) had written a book about him. A lot of angst over how he voted for Trump, tried to give him advice (he recommended Rex Tillerson) had planned to again pre-COVID in spite of Trump's many sins, and now did not want to talk about his vote after he and his wife got COVID. I guess his name being thrown around so blatantly led him to finally say the bare minimum, which, for the GOP, is something.

Let's take a look at two of our 2024 media darlings, Haley and Cotton, both showing just why they are unlikely to actually get the nomination.

• Members

I don't know if any more of Georgia will be counted tonight, but right now less than 9K separates Biden and Trump (and Perdue remains below the runoff threshold). 

If Biden does win, I am giving the credit to Stacey Abrams, but I will give a small tip of the hat to Jo Jorgensen for her services in Georgia and Wisconsin, even though that wasn't intended on her part. Let's just call it karma for Jill Stein.

• Members

For as much as we talk about this mess spreading in America, it's sadly a global phenomenon. I remember seeing video of anti-mask rallies in Europe where people were talking about Bill Gates microchipping everyone. Once we have a decent Sec. of State again along with purging the intelligence community of Trump bootlickers will be able to start coordinating with other countries to address this.