The Politics Thread

• Members

I’ve heard twice that Trump grew in every demographic EXCEPT white men.  I need to see further analysis and I assume it was not by much in many cases but it is still disappointing and baffling, considering that minorities are dying from the coronavirus at a much higher percentage... and the Trump’s administration’s blatant racism.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's based on exit polling, which is unreliable and often outright dangerous. I do think that Trump expanded his support among minorities, in large part because Trumpism is a cult, not a party or ideology, and cults tend to bleed more colors. With that said, I think the immediate lunge toward lashing out at wide swathes of voters who in large part actually did support Biden and downticket Democrats is the type of peacocking and righteous outrage Olympics that helps to further splinter an already very splintered party. The New York Times pays Charles Blow to tell readers that all white gay people are untrustworthy - what are you meant to do with that? 

Then you have the problems with Hispanic support that were looming all year, but were ignored, yet instead of a deeper fix into these concerns I just see people saying Hispanics only support dictators, or Hispanics hate themselves, and so on. 

This is not the time for generalizations, but that is all social media gives you. 

• Members

Looks like Perdue is under 50%, which is huge. I know a lot of people hate Ossoff, for some reason, but he'd be a very good senator and I hope he can turn things around in the runoff, along with Warnock. Runoffs don't usually go well for Democrats in Georgia, but the results show this isn't a normal year. If Stacey Abrams is involved there's a pretty good chance at something happening. 

• Members

I think we have a very good shot in GA on the runoffs, esp with red turnout likely down and depressed without Trump. If we do that, we take the Senate.

Governor Casey on PA: "Joe Biden's gonna win the state. By half a million votes, certainly the largest margin I've ever seen there."

A big win will heal many wounds from the last two days inside the party.

Silver says NV is just about callable for Biden.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh good lord 

Here's what's funny as fuq: It's possible Fox calls the election for Biden first, bc they have Arizona for Joe and have never rescinded that call for over 24 hours. If Nevada or Georgia go for Biden shortly that's it.

It is very heartening to see every single media outlet openly  mocking these legal challenges and comments from Trump and his team while on air. Even Fox is basically pushing back on all of them. Murdoch refused to rescind their Arizona call under pressure from both Trump and Kushner.

Andrea Mitchell, suppressing a laugh: "It's hard to imagine Rudy Giuliani as a James Baker figure."

Trump's "statement" (above) about how "the real votes" would prove he won and only "the fake votes" would say he lost has already been removed from his twitter and others' reports - it was an attempt by him to get around Twitter's new rule blocking tweets containing his false statements and lies from public view, which make up 90% of his tweets over the last several days.

Edited by Vee