Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Did they have to wait in a long lines?. One of the reasons that I didn't early vote this year (and my dad didn't either) Is because the early voting place in our town is usually pretty packed. It's more packed than a lot of the polling places here. Including the old polling place, I usually vote at. I live in NC and read there were long lines at lot of early voting places here.

I don't want any parts of a long line lol (if they can be avoided).

• Members

Thanks taoboi. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm glad they didn't have to stand in the line for too long. It can help that early voting goes on for a bit. I believe it went to like October 31st here in NC.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I voted in person this morning. I'm in Dane County in Madison WI and got in line around 7:25am and was done by around 8:15ish. No craziness, just normalcy. Everyone masked up and 6 ft. apart.  We're gonna flip Wisconsin back to blue

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

No matter what happens tonight, or whenever a winner is declared, I know I will never again look at this country without thinking about the past four years, or all the attempts to disenfranchise POC from what is supposed to be a free and fair election for all.  My love for and naivete about my country, if I ever had it, is gone forever.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This is how I feel also.  I work for a large international corporation and it's embarrassing.  Coworkers in other countries don't understand what is wrong with us.  And I have no answers because there are no answers.  The general feeling in this country and negativity has been Cheeto fanning discrimination and hate for 4 years.  And he knows who's voting for him.  Just the complete dismissal of Science and any empathy.  

Even if he loses, he's probably going to launch a media company so that he can continue to pretend to be a Dictator and tell his followers what they want to hear.  He'll fan the flames from there instead of the Oval Office.  

• Members

That's not going to be possible now that Deutsche Bank is cutting him loose. All his creditors are going to start calling in his $421 million of debt. Not to mention, NY AG Tish James is just waiting for him to be a private citizen again so she can hit him with state charges. I could see him going into exile in Russia or Saudi Arabia but he's not really valuable to them anymore.

• Members

I lost most of that in 2002 and 2003, but I agree with you. Right now I am just hoping we even make it one more day, then another, and then another. I just hope of Trump loses (which is a big if), people do not forget that Trump was not an aberration - he is the face of a party that hates us and hates this country, and wants us dead. 

• Members

I think I posted before - but I know people in NY that ran in certain circles with Ivanka and crew - and they haven't returned their calls in a couple years.  Likewise, not everything is happy in Sunny Florida.  A lot of people in his community are tired of the Secret Service presence on his trips down there, and here in Northern VA - I'm 2 miles from his golf course where someone flipped him off.  He can win 4 more years but when this is over, their family name has been sullied, and the Republicans know they can never go back but no one will stand up to him.  I think in the end, this could do damage to the Republican party for decades to come, so I guess great for them that they sucked up the Supreme Court.  They'll need it.