Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He didn't just say something stupid in his home or on the street though, he said it to a huge audience and it was all over social media, while millions of people were still in line and hearing that it was hopeless. And there were close races that night which could have gone either way, up and down the ballot. It is one of many reasons I see him as selfish and a preening phony.

We clearly don't agree on this so I am going to stop. If you don't agree, fine.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

One thing I've decided today after voting in person is that I will be doing mail in voting for the foreseeable future. I am someone who normally likes to go the polls and vote, but after today, I'm going to do mail in ballots.

It took me two and half hours to vote today, and I had to go to two different polling places. I moved to a new place back in August and I wasn't sure where exactly I needed to vote. I did some research online and saw that if I lived at in my new place for more than 60 days, I would have to vote at the new poll place. And I have received voting information and propoganda in the mail at my new address. I had read I had to vote there and that might have to give me a provisional ballot. I also read something about possibly going to my old polling place and get a "transfer" to take to my new place to vote.

I decided to try and got my new polling place to vote as I figured the lines there would be longer. There is never really a line at my old place. I went to the new place and it was a really long line and I waited in it for almost two hours. It was unpleasant because it was cold and there was a couple behind me (I think they may have been Trump supporters) without a mask on and they were coughing heavily. The line was barely moving and things were not being run that efficiently there. When I got inside I was told by the poll workers that I had to go my old place.

I went to my old place and they told me that the workers at the new polling place should have let me vote there. Thankfully, my old polling place did let me vote and I was finally able to get that out of the way. There was no line there and I was only the 50th person to vote there today. 

I didn't like the feel at all of my new polling place and will choose to mail in ballots in the future for at least a while. Especially with COVID going on. I already deal with a lot of exposure at work and don't want to deal with anymore than I have to. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Thank you. DRW50.

Please register in order to view this content

I learned my lesson lol., I'm doing mail in voting in the future at least for the time being. Especially with COVID being a big problem right now. And I'm going to make sure my elderly dad does the same. He voted today do in person and I definitely think it's safer for him if he does mail in ballots as well.  I don't like my new polling place it's the type of place where there really are long lines. A lot of people in that area vote and even if you show up early it's still a long line. The polls at NC were open at 6:30 this morning. I got there a little after 7am and that line was pretty long and kept growing. It wasn't very efficiently run. At times it seemed like they were only letting like one or two people in to vote.

I do understand that part of that  may have been due to trying to socially distance but once people got inside the building it was still dragging. It was a church (and my old voting place is a church too). I wonder if maybe they need a bigger polling place for that area. The new area I live in has more people in it and a lot of them do vote.

It was a lot of republicans there too. The new neighborhood where I live has a lot of republicans in it, they have Trump signs and republican candidate signs all over the place. I've been seeing a lot Trump signs lately and Trump masks including with people who come into work. And some of them seem a bit testy.

I've always liked going into the polling place and voting. I think there is a sense of pride of people exercising their right to vote that way. But now especially after today I think it's safer to do mail in. With COVID and also with rising tensions among people.

I was glad my old place let me vote. I like them much better than the new one. And I also glad I got up early to vote. If I had waited later to vote, I may not have voted today. Because I have to go to work in a little bit and will be working past 8pm, (and the polls will be closed then here).

Edited by xtr