The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't think the country is center-right, but I think the country is so burned out psychologically they are often tricked into ideas that end up being much more extreme than they realize. For instance, the section of so-called Christian Trump voters who are now, belatedly, speaking out about how concerned they are over his hardline policies regarding refugees. They were duped into believing that his clear bigotry and xenophobia was just talk to get elected. 

In many cases it's about framing, and a con job. Trump was good at conning people into believing what he was selling. There's not much of an alternative on the left because many on the left who are in positions of power aren't sociopaths and aren't there to just tell blatant lies. Hopefully voters will wake up this time.

I saw Moore saying that Biden is the new Hillary. The problem with that argument is any Democrat who runs will be the new Hillary. And many of his supporters are already pushing that narrative, eagerly. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As I already stated, Democrats won three out of the 4 House seats in Iowa last year and that happened even though the incumbent Republican Governor was being elected. In rural states the state-level offices are often view quite separately than the federal ones. I was rude in my previous post, so I will apologize for that. The situation the country is in is just frustrating, but I shouldn't take it out on posters here.

Edited by ReddFoxx

• Members

Maggie Haberman yuck. Talk about out of touch. Why is this tweet even newsworthy. This fraud was never going to show any courage. Who outside of these out of touch reporters don't know Rubio is an empty suit like Paul Ryan another so called star. I hope you realize Carl that this shows how completely out of touch all the Beltway press is and Haberman has become nothing more than a gossip columnist for Trump, IVanka, and Jared. Frankly she should be recusing herself from covering any of them based on her mothers PR firm having represented them.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I've long been aware they're out of touch - the problem is more the power they still have over the narrative and the country. 

As for the tweet, I mostly just enjoy any new example showing what a fraud and a weasel Marco Rubio is as to this day people keep pushing him.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm not spooked at all. I just know who and what I'm dealing with. While I'm not a far leftist (A Bernie Bro, or a Green), I've been wanting Trump removed from office long before this Ukraine stuff even came up. I'm a get rid of Trump by all costs type of person and let the chips fall where they may type of person. You have some left leaning posters here and elsewhere have been scared to even impeach Trump (even now)  because the Senate doesn't have the voter or the polls don't have enough Republican support to do it. If Trump was to get the military to destroy a city like Chicago and Los Angeles, many left wingers still wouldn't do anything because the polls don't have enough support to do anything.

• Members

I have always believe it was moderates who were more concerned about impeachment, although if you're talking about the extreme far left kooks - some of who support Bernie and Tulsi Gabbard I agree. I don't know there are any far leftists here.

I was trusting Pelosi because she's an experienced politician and I think knows Trump and knew something else would come up. But at this point everyone should know the playbook and should know what to expect.

• Members

Everyone has health issues with them sometimes being more serious than others and that's not something one should be criticized or judged for. But when it comes to the presidency these are things have to be considered because it is a high stress position that requires much travel. I'm not being mean, but Sanders looks far too frail to be President and this heart attack doesn't suggest that he is in that great of condition. It's also not great that the campaign tried to make it seem like something minor.