The Politics Thread

• Members

I prefer to call him a filthy piece of toerag, like his buddy across the Atlantic.

Speaking of the toerag in the WH, the Trump administration's foreign policy continues to be trash.

No one in the MSM seems to want to call out how terrible the Trump administration's foreign policy has been.  It has flopped by almost every measure, in every corner of the world.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When people were screaming at Nancy Pelosi to "#IMPEACH NOW!!" I said that it would get people killed. I assumed he'd start with the kids at the border. I didn't expect him to go right to a Kurdish genocide. I know he made impeachment unavoidable with the Ukraine stunt but sometimes I think people on our side really don't realize that there are a real people whose lives are at risk around the world.

• Members

Even though the timing seems in sync with reaction to the impeachment investigation, this is something that has been in the works for sometime. Putin wants the U.S. out of Syria, he's wanted that for a long time and Trump has been looking for ways to get out of Iraq and has been not-so-quietly extracting troops out of Syria. That it's something that Turkey also wants due to their distrust and intense dislike (bordering on hatred) for the Kurds is secondary.  Putin/Russia runs the show in that region of Syria.

Also, the Kurds have been pretty much fighting ISIS almost on their own with little to no major U.S. help has been going on for well over a year now.

Like I said upthread, Trump's foreign policy has pretty much been a scattershot mess since the day he took office. 

The "announcement"  has been timed to give the impression that it is for maximum impact over the impeachment business but this has been in the works for sometime.  Like @DRW50  mentioned with the Wizard Of Oz reference--Trump wants people to believe that he is all powerful and if you come against him, there will be hell to pay but like Kamala Harris referenced in the last debate, Trump is really just a guy behind a curtain.  I also say, he's a guy behind a curtain who is taking orders from Putin and bluffing us all, the way he did to get into the WH in the first place.  

Edited by DramatistDreamer