Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If this new policy had been in effect in 1972, when Papa Khan immigrated here on a visa from the British Virgin Islands, he would have been denied entry. And if he had been denied entry into the U.S., he and Mama Khan never would have met, and yours truly never would have been born. (Which could be good or bad, depending on how one feels about me.)

I'm just saying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/04/us/immigrant-visas-health-care.html?fbclid=IwAR14MtY-bth1jVv8O8rXcobbNHLYe233vJzuxgrjD-Jegpxgm91jOn-mqi8

• Members

Hey @Khan I never knew you had some island heritage.  Dap! 

I mean, most immigrants who come, even the ones who already have jobs, rarely had their health insurance already in place. And frankly, most wealthy and comfortable people are not emigrating anywhere, let alone the U.S.-- even less so, with these onerous policies being put in place.  Trump wants to attract the wealthy immigrants who are not even interested in coming. 

Immigration has trickled almost to a halt.  If this continues, we're all looking at a future of economic stagnation similar to Japan.

• Members

Well...lol...that's where he lived, I think, after he was discharged from the Guyana Defence Force.  (He was living in Tortola with his then-wife and my half-sister, whom I've never met.) 

Papa Khan was born and raised, though, in Kitty Village, which remains one of Georgetown's (British Guyana) roughest neighborhoods.  As he told me many times over the years, everyone he grew up with either died or ended up in jail; and even though he never renounced his Guyanese citizenship -- in fact, he'd finally applied for his green card when he died unexpectedly seven years ago -- he never held any desire to return there either.

Frankly, I don't think Trump has anything to worry about when it comes to slowing immigration.  He and the rest of his administration have done a bang-up job in deterring anyone from coming here for generations to come.

LOL!  Oh, @Vee!

Edited by Khan

• Members

Unfortunately, Sean Hannity, who obviously wants to be Trump's BFF, has taken to calling him "Shifty Schiff" as well.  In fact, he repeats it so often -- and so awkwardly -- that if it were a drinking game, you'd be sloshed before his first commercial break.  (Which isn't a bad thing, since you probably NEED to be intoxicated to watch his show on Fox News.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Big up, Guyana!  I have a good friend who is Guyanese.  

Well, I guess coming up with insulting nicknames for adversaries is better than admitting that your diplomatic ventures are all failures and you got played by North Korea.

I mean, Kim basically got the clout that he was seeking at the U.S.' expense.