Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They KNOW the man they work for is batshit crazy.  Yet, because they pride party over everything else, including the safety and stability of the people they have been sworn to protect, they sweep it all under the rug and pretend everything's fine.

It's because of that kind of enabling and codependency that we are on the track we are now.

People make fun of the fact that Elizabeth Warren seemingly has plans for addressing everything.  However, if she's willing to come into office with solutions, and then figure out something else if those solutions don't yield the best results, then what's the problem?

At least she HAS plans.  What does Trump have, besides a severe psychological disorder?

Of course, they aren't defying Pompeo, because they value this country.  They're defying him, because they hope cooperating will keep them from being prosecuted as well.

But, you know, whatever works.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I don't see how, though.

Again, I don't think the Senate will vote to remove him from office.  I think the GOP will continue to defend him, because they are too afraid to do anything to upset their base.

The House could vote to impeach him -- which they should -- but what does that truly mean, if he remains in office?

IMO, voting him out next year is the only true recourse we have.  That way, with him out of the WH, SDNY and whoever else can move forward in prosecuting him.  (Provided, of course, he can't be pardoned for his crimes at the state level).  And we can get on with the business of healing this country.

The big question, though, is what ELSE is he gonna do in the meantime?  And, God forbid, what happens if we CAN'T vote him out next year, but instead we're stuck with him until 2024 (and maybe beyond)?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Funny how Republicans (and my own mother) love to interpret Hillary Clinton's every move as a sign of Parkinson's or other neurological disorder, yet Trump's own physical movements and even speech mirror just about every Patient of the Week's on "House."  (No, Foreman, this ain't lupus either.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Two of my close family died from a heart valve issue, and my father has it as well. I have my best wishes for Bernie's health, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I think a possible exit for health reasons is an opportunity to end a repeat of 2016's mess before it truly begins.

Meanwhile, someone else is doing great:

• Members

I have a Celeste Perrault premonition that Bernie's own health (even death, dare I say?) will be his undoing in his goal for presidency. I mean, he's 78! If he became prez in 2021, that puts him there from age 79 to 83. And if it is God's will, 83 to 87. I don't think so. 

I'm not ageist, just realistic. Aside from Trump, Bernie and Biden should not be running. I want someone in office who isn't going to keel over if the wind blows too hard. And I want our next Democratic president to last for two full terms. 

Edited by Gray Bunny