• Vee

• Khan

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
8 hours ago, Juliajms said:

I suspect a relatively quick reformation could occur.  I can't help but note that despite the open white supremacy running through Trump's presidency, he did pretty well with Latinos. He got nearly a third of that vote despite advocating for the wall.  Makes me wonder if the GOP can form a new coalition.  Unfortunately, I think they can do it if they drop the white supremacy or maybe just expand the definition of white again. Maybe it's just my perception, but that seems to be happening already.  I can't tell you how many times I had to remind myself in the last election that Rubio and Cruz were Latino and not just straight up white men.

I am told that the lion's share of Republican votes come from Cubans, who by and large despise Mexicans, and are very conservative.

• Members
On 11/16/2018 at 11:36 AM, DRW50 said:

One of the poisons of Trump is how other people, even people who should know better, take on his idea that they can do anything they want. Mimi Walters was front and center in a notorious selfie last year after the House passed the ACA repeal. Walters and Young Kim were both out there crying voter fraud when they realized they were losing.

Others have already said it, but the sheer number of Republicans who have just started crying voter fraud any time they lose, or even think they might lose (like Mia Love in Utah, even though she is likely going to win), is very dangerous.

And Stacey Abrams totally didn't just refuse to concede her election. Not at all. Tell me again how Trump refusing to accept the results of the 2016 election (assuming he lost) was going to irreparably ruin our democracy. Geez Louise.

• Members
1 hour ago, juppiter said:

And Stacey Abrams totally didn't just refuse to concede her election. Not at all. Tell me again how Trump refusing to accept the results of the 2016 election (assuming he lost) was going to irreparably ruin our democracy. Geez Louise.

If you think that the circumstances in Georgia are the same as in Orange County or Utah, then there's no point in us even discussing this.

• Members
10 hours ago, juppiter said:

Hard to believe you are African American when you support Jim Crow style voter suppression. The only thing that was missing in Georgia, where the GOP candidate for Governor was running his own election, purged  500k voters from the rolls(70% African American) and hid hundreds of functional voting machines in a warehouse, using the lack of equipment to close hundreds of precincts in primarily poor and African American areas, is having armed white men patrolling African American neighborhoods with guns with hoods on. Oh wait that happened also except the hoods are gone.

• Members
1 hour ago, Roman said:

so, you post a comment, people push back and then you demand the ignore feature be reinstated. 

ok. 

Not you. I blocked you (and have since unblocked you) unfairly and I admit that. However, there is one obvious troll and one person who has not apologized for the terrible racist comments (calling people animals, saying blacks should stay in their place) they made in the past that are in this thread right now.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

Not you. I blocked you (and have since unblocked you) unfairly and I admit that. However, there is one obvious troll and one person who has not apologized for the terrible racist comments (calling people animals, saying blacks should stay in their place) they made in the past that are in this thread right now.

what I am saying is that many conservatives have came back and all of us are having passionate frank respectful discussions. I no longer have the patience to continue to comment with someone who honestly won't listen to a thing I have to say. provocateurs. like I used to be, and then did some growing up. we live in dark and difficult days now, and we all are trying to see the light at the end of this tunnel. what you say or how you feel is cool. I just won't be apart of trolling that people do for the sake of trolling. that's all I'm saying.

4 minutes ago, marceline said:

Let's nip this foolishness in the bud. The ignore feature exists (existed?) for a reason. No one is entitled to our attention. I hope this will get fixed soon.

so was the feature removed?