Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kavanaugh was always getting confirmed. The media will spin it the best way they can to blame Democrats but he was always getting confirmed. I notice that right wing bastions like CNN, the Washington Post, and Chuck Todd are banging this drum. They know what gets their checks in the mail. 

Collins never wavered and Flake never really did either. 

Do I think that people on the left put Avenatti on too much of a pedestal and yet again fell for the "we need a fighter" daddy issues that also led us to Bernie Sanders and his incoherent shouting being seen as the ideal...yes, I do. But Avenatti didn't do anything that wasn't already going to be done. 

It was the media who really made him what he was, because he was flashy, loved going on TV, and was happy to make himself the story. They could use him to demoralize Democrats and help Republicans, and they did. 

Stormy Daniels always seemed much smarter than he did, anyway. You don't survive as long as she has in such a toxic business if you are an idiot. He rode her coattails. Hopefully the ride is over. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I saw the tweet where he was complaining about whataboutism. If he had any self-awareness I'd say he was trolling. 

The media has destroyed so many pillars this country stood on. I just hope that they don't have the influence they once did even a few years ago. It's the only hope one can have at this point.

• Members

This was an interesting article, although you don't need to be an expert to see the obvious signs.  I'll admit I don't think we'll descend as far as Nazi Germany (we're already too diverse I hope), but it's seems obvious to me that democratic norms are in jeopardy.

What kills me is that we are being led down the path by Trump who is a complete, bumbling idiot. He can't even give a decent speech (note that nonsense at the UN).  If America had to fall for some dictator, why couldn't it be someone like Mussolini?  At least that man could put a thought together and was incredibly articulate. He knew how to give a speech. I can understand how people fell for that particular monster, but Trump? Talk about selling yourself and your nation short. It's embarrassing.

• Members

But, people love Trump, because they think he is so "plain-spoken."  Meaning, of course, they thought Obama sounded "uppity" and thought of himself as being "above them."

Right.  Maybe Avenatti and others muddied the waters, so to speak, but the FBI investigation was just a tactic to quiet down the shouters.  Kav was going to be "their guy," no matter what.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Also, the white helmet that she wore on Safari is being compared with those that the Afrikaners/Boers are known for wearing. 

She's either signalling something quite racist or she's just incredibly stupid.

Either way, there's no hope for her.

Onto something that still does have a measure of hope-

For those who are eligible to vote early and wish to do so, here is an early voting guide.

SHARE How to Vote Early in the 2018 Midterm Elections

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

You're right. I've seen people say that very thing, but it's still stunning to me.  I didn't know that plain spoken meant being unable to convey a cohesive thought through spoken language, but that seems to be something people find appealing.

At heart I think Mussolini was right and there is a sizable part of the population that doesn't really want to be free.  I find that idea kind of terrifying, but if people just wanted to undo Obama they could have easily voted for any other Republican candidate.  On top of that, most of them were racist and sexist on some level, but people liked Trump's authoritarian style.