Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dynasties are only a bad thing if Democrats are involved - the Clintons, the Kennedys. I remember the years of breathless press about how Jeb Bush was the "smart" brother and he was sure to be President someday, asking Barbara Bush about what it was like to have a dynasty, hyping Jeb's son George P Bush. And now I see that Trump's bootlickers Mika and Joe are pushing the line that Ivanka Trump will run in 2020, which is ludicrous, yet shows the feverish Beltway need for these bad melodramas. 

(you have to laugh at everyone knowing the ugly brothers have no chance)

• Members

Only because voters had a direct say in that. If Kavanaugh was running for an elected in a state that had similar political split as the nation as a whole (Nevada is closest to the median) he would have lost.

Ivanka pushed a lot of Democratic sounding initiatives (like paid family leave) that gave Trump a lot of political cover. Her RNC speech was not even remotely Republican. She will never have a political career though with her unethical business practices and unwavering support of her father. Plus, she is too liberal for Republicans to nominate and Democrats wouldn't even nominate her as drain commissioner, so she's a non-factor.

• Members

What can I say that I haven't said already?  This sux.

https://apnews.com/8234f0b8a6194d8b89ff79f9b0c94f35/Kavanaugh-confirmed,-quickly-sworn-in;-major-Trump-victory?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true

(And don't you just LOVE the expression on his face?  He's relieved he got away with it AND he's saying, "Suck it, c**ts!")

Edited by Khan

• Members

Oh, well.  She made her bed.  She could writhe in it.

It's really the look of every white man who's ever beaten the rap.  He got away with murder, and he knows it.  I don't want to say anything that's going to get me flagged or banned, but...what comes around goes around, Brett.

In the meantime, I'm moving onto midterms.  Let him have his damn SCOTUS seat.  I truly could not care less.

• Members

^ I cannot wait to vote.  It's probably futile where I live, but I don't care.  Hell, I walked to the polls (not far) three days after giving birth to vote in a local primary election, I'm so pissed at these people.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I KNOW it's futile where I live -- no one does "voting against their better interests" better than Oklahomans -- but as I keep saying, if *I'm* mad enough to vote this time around, then nobody has any excuses.  #NoXcuses 

• Members

^ I think there is something to be said for exercising your vote even when you know it doesn't count. For one thing, you just never truly know. More that that, I think it helps a person mentally to know they did all they can to stand up to what's happening.

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to give Deb Fischer the metaphorical finger, even though I believe we're stuck with her.

Edited by Juliajms