Melrose Place Spinoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thinkwe judge shows way to fast. This one isnt even on the air.

I eman, its one thing if you watch shows as a critic, but this isnt a show made for cirtics. Nor was the original.

and the originals first season was awful. AWFUL.

I like to give shows a good three months before i judge them. Well i try to anyways...

• Members

The problem is... In today's TV environment, you pretty much need to be a (mild) hit in order for the executives to commission a second season. And I just want to see how will two ex-Smallville producers handle a show so different from it.

• Members

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this :lol: I don't exactly hate all first seasons, but most of the time I find them extremely difficult to go through, especially if the show takes a while to find it's groove. Usually, however, if I'm not too crazy about Season 1, it means good stuff will be coming for seasons and seasons to come. It is my experience that awesome first seasons always mean a crash and burn of the series from the second season on....

• Administrator

:o Michael!!! He was one of my favorite character.

I'm so excited to see Michael and Sydney again.

For a CW show all you need is 2 million viewesr and a 1.2 demo to get a 2nd season (and a spinoff). :lol: I think Melrose 2.0 can pull that off.

• Members

LMFAO DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES was the show I had in mind, too! (though Season 3 was exquisite, at least up until Cross left). I'm still in Season 1 of GG, so I can't comment on that. But, yeah, great, break-out season 1s mean disaster for the rest of the show usually... exceptions could be FRIENDS, which recovered in Season 3 or so, and ER.

Oh, Sylph! Michael, I can understand, but Sydney?

Archived