Melrose Place Spinoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I haven't mentioned, I will definitely be tuning into this.. I'm really young so I don't remember Melrose Place in detail, but certainly remember the cast.

Ashlee Simpson: Anyone remember her on 7th Heaven? Was she any good? Never saw her on there. She's not my favorite, but she has a few good hits.

Yay!! Jessica Lucas is joining the cast! First Katie Cassidy, now Jessica Lucas. :wub::D

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...4f75bb6c05e61e4

Jessica Lucas moves into 'Melrose Place'

'Cloverfield' star lands lead role on CW's update

By Nellie Andreeva

March 17, 2009, 08:40 PM ET

She will play Melrose Place resident Riley Richmond, a wealthy and beautiful 24-year-old who works as an inner-city elementary school teacher. She is engaged to Jonah (Michael Rady) but has second thoughts about marrying him.

Lucas already has ties to the "Melrose" franchise. She recurred on the first season of CW's "90210," an update of the original Fox series that was spun off into the original "Melrose Place."

On the "Melrose" redux, Lucas also joins previously cast Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Katie Cassidy.

Lucas is repped by Gersh and Thruline.

• Members

Seriously Lisa?

full_lisa_rinna_009_wenn5264719.jpg

And it looks like Heather Locklear won't be joining

'Melrose Place' exclusive: Heather Locklear won't join reboot

One person who won't be moving back into Melrose Place? Heather Locklear. The actress -- who played the key role of Amanda Woodward on the original series -- has turned down an offer to join the cast of the CW's update of the hit Fox serial, EW has learned. "There wasn't a way to bring her back that made sense," says a source close to the situation. While the network and studio won't comment, her reps do confirm that Locklear has passed. It's no secret that the CW was aggressively pursuing Locklear and will likely want to secure another star from the original show. The reboot, which is slated for the fall, has already cast Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Jessica Lucas, Michael Rady, and Katie Cassidy.

EW Link

• Members

Looks like Ryan Eggold will be pulling double duty

90210 Star to Join Melrose Place Reboot

It looks like the CW's upcoming Melrose Place remake has another tenant, and he’s coming straight from a familiar zip code. 90210’s Ryan Eggold, who plays West Beverly High teacher Ryan Matthews, says he will likely be joining the cast of the spin off next fall. Does that mean he's leaving his wealthy students to fend for themselves? Not at all.

“It’s looking like I’m gonna be on both,” Eggold told TV Guide at our annual Sexiest Stars party. “That would be kind of cool, because I’m gonna be the teacher on 90210, and [we’ll see] more of his personal life on Melrose Place as a 20-something guy.”

What the cross-over means for Ryan's already complicated relationship with Kelly (Jennie Garth, who was the tie-in character between the original shows) is too early to tell, but the real mystery is what will happen when Ryan meets Riley, an inner-city elementary school teacher played by Jessica Lucas, who also played Kimberly, an undercover narc and Ryan's love interest on 90210. We can’t wait to see how the creators of the MP reboot explain this one. Is it ever too soon to play the evil twin card?

TV Guide Magazine Line

I like the idea of having Ryan join Melrose.

but the real mystery is what will happen when Ryan meets Riley, an inner-city elementary school teacher played by Jessica Lucas, who also played Kimberly, an undercover narc and Ryan's love interest on 90210.

Easy. Kimberly and Riley are twins. Double the pleasure. :D

• Members

Last role has finally been cast

77977-Sipos-Shaun_300.jpg

Shaun Sipos joins 'Melrose Place'

Shaun Sipos has snagged the last regular role on the CW's "Melrose Place" and the one that links the new project to the original Fox series.

Sipos will play David Patterson, the son of Jake Hansen (Grant Show).

David is a bad boy with smoldering good looks who grew up as a rich kid but has been cut off from his family money.

Sipos, whose series credits include "Maybe It's Me," "Complete Savages" and "Shark," joins previously cast "Melrose" co-stars Michael Rady, Jessica Lucas, Katie Cassidy, Ashlee Simpson-Weitz, Colin Egglesfield and Stephanie Jacobson.

THR Link

• Members

I don't understand why it needs to be anything close to 'Melrose Place'. Why can't it just be a good show to watch?!

Btw. I'm not sure Heather Locklear would be good for the show at the moment considering how she's doing right now...

• Members

My favorite red headed vixen is back :wub:

Laura Leighton moving back to 'Melrose Place'

After weeks of speculation about who if any of the original "Melrose Place" cast members might drop in on the CW's new "Melrose Place," Laura Leighton has joined the CW pilot as a recurring.

She will reprise her role as the irresponsible and scheming Sydney Andrews, one of the most popular characters on the Fox series.

In the dramatic fifth-season finale of "Melrose Place" in 1997 – and Leighton's last episode on the show -- Sydney was run over by a car on her wedding day in a near-fatal accident.

While she was presumed dead for the rest of the Fox series, she now is back at Melrose Place, and while the script is being kept under wraps, sources said she would be the landlord to the new crop of tenants.

Leighton's casting on CW's "Melrose" is reminiscent of the CW's tapping of "Beverly Hills, 90210" alumna Jennie Garth to reprise her role on the new "90210."

Leighton's two-episode stint on the original "Melrose Place" in 1993 was her first acting gig. It led to a full job on the series for four years.

On "Melrose," Leighton also met her husband, co-star Doug Savant, now on ABC's "Desperate Housewives."

After finishing her contract on "Melrose Place," Leighton recurred on "Beverly Hills" alongside Garth.

Leighton, who next stars in Hallmark Channel's movie "The View From Here," is repped by APA and Untitled

THR Link

Archived