Melrose Place Spinoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 21 2009, 05:50 PM)
The pilot twist gets worse! From Michael Ausiello:

That's even worse than what ended up on screen. I'm so happy Heather passed on the show. And to think, the press made her out to be some money hungry star. She was being smart and she was right.

Actually, I would have liked that a little better.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw, come on Toups, I usually count on you being the positive one!

Personally, I'm glad Mark isn't the showrunner. He's got horrible pacing and after awhile, he gets too obsessed with characters and starts to ruin them by featuring them too much(i.e Peyton and Jamie on OTH).

My ideal showrunner would have been Darren Star, but for some reason they didn't even ask him. <_<

• Members

Ugh.

I hope that David's paternity is just a series of incorrect information because it makes absolutely no sense for them to retcon it. Did Michael even have any kids during the show's run? I think he might have gotten someone pregnant towards the end, but I usually stop watching the reruns by the end of S4. Why couldn't they get Grant Show back again? I thought I read that he wouldn't rule out a return.

So great to see the building again. It just wouldn't be MP without that particular building. I'm gonna miss seeing Allison's crappy little car parked out front next to Matt's jeep...

The cast photo makes me miss when shows did real cast pictures, and not those police lineups where everyone is like three feet away from each other.

Re: the preview...GuyWhoPlaysDavid is horrible! Aw, Syd says that they were like a family when she first moved in. Yeah, you slept with your sister's ex-husband. Colin!! And yea, I definitely think that Michael might not be David's father. It seems like he might have had a relationship with him between then and now that might have given them sort of a father-son relationship. IDK.

• Administrator

I know..

I'm still going to watch every episode of MP 2.0 but I'm just a little less excited now. I hope to get that excitement back though.

I feel like the main characters get their fair share of stories. I just think Mark is a fantastic writer who understands character driven stories yet able to do the outlandish-MP-style stories.

Yeah, he would've been my #1 choice too.

• Members

This is killing any excitment I had for this show knowing that TC and LL were returning. Are they trying to kill the show before it gets off the ground?

Well Smallville fans think they pretty much sucked on that show, so I have NO faith in them whatsoever

• Members

ETA: I've seen it now. Damn, that's good! The voiceovers all sound very Melrosian to me, and it looks like they didn't change the building tooo much (besides add all of those plants).

I don't watch nu90210 (maybe I should start in the summer?), but how much sex could they have possibly taken out of orig90210? The high school years, at least? Brandon did it maybe once or twice (definitely once with Cheryl, and maybe with Emily?), Brenda and Dylan would get to it every now and then, Donna and David were virgins throughout HS, Steve never had a steady girlfriend in HS, and Kelly was busy trying to live down the "reputation" that she had already tried to live up.

Archived