Melrose Place Spinoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The second episode was really lame, except the last scene. And yet another actor has joined the bad actors department alongside Ashlee Simpson and Shaun Sipos: Colin Egglesfield's acting was just awful in the courtyard scene with Riley and in those flashbacks with Sydney.

The ratings went down even more:

The CW: "Melrose Place" (1.8 million, 1.4/2)

(source: zap2it)

• Members

The pilot was dull IMO. I'm still pissed they killed off Syd, I think that right there is going to come back and bite them on the arse

TV Guide is reporting that the show is plotting a return for Courtney Thorne-Smith, but Andrew Shue says he's busy focusing on his children, and the website he created(which is very successful) to return right now.

• Members

I don't get why people are so down on this new incarnation of Melrose. Sure, it's a far cry from the brilliance of Melrose Place season 3 (which I am currently halfway through), but it's a lot better so far than the first season of 90210. I knew from some promos that Violet was bound to turn out to by Syd's daughter, but I get the feeling there is more to this plot than what meets the eye.

Katie Cassidy is brilliant as Ella, I cannot wait to see what they do with her as the season progresses. I also love the storyline with Lauren, the actress is great and her portrayal of Lauren's situation is compelling. In fact, I think the acting all round is pretty good, except from maybe Ashlee Simpson needing some work, but I'm sure she'll improve.

The only thing I can pick that I dont like about this show is THE LACK OF A FRICKIN OPENING SEQUENCE. Seriously? A title shot covered in a watery effect? I've seen fan made ones on YouTube that look like they could be on the show and yet the actual PTB cant even give us a pathetic few bars of the theme and some establishing shots like they have on 90210?

Definitely loving Melrose so far, I'm excited to see how the fallout of Syd's death continues to drive storylines, you can see they are setting everything up to be a slow burn. And it's only a matter of time until Heather Locklear returns and ends up being Ella's boss or something.

• Administrator

Agreed. It's better than the first season of 90210 and season 1 of the original MP.

Yeah, that was obvious. So how old is Violet? So I guesss Sydney gave birth to Violet before 1992?

Lauren and Ella are my favorite so far.

I doubt Ashlee will improve. I hope Violet turns out to be the killer and ASW leaves the show.

I wonder what everyone else's motives will be.

I looked at the Gossip Girl and 90210 18-49 numbers, and it seems that an average of 1.3 seems to be the key number.

Archived