Unpopular Opinions

• Members

Y&R could be a show for Ashley if they remember her glamorous, fun side, revive her closeness to Jack, and get her away from Victor. Victor is a horrible burden for any female character now. They just brought her back as a fill-in for Sabrina.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is plenty of time for that. What I'm loving about Ash right now is that she is both the snooty entitled b!tch that many people hate (e.g., how she treats Estella and Gloria) and the powerful sexy woman many loved (esp. when she took over Jabot for a few minutes). She has also been strong and stable (like when she helped TGVN by "clearing his head" in Paris), and also convincingly terrified (yesterday).

We have an Ashley who is front burner, and shows a remarkable range. Indeed, I just watched the old youtube when Nikki confronted Ashley...and Ashley was not remotely apologetic for stealing Victor. I HATED Ashley then...and loved it when Victoria ran in calling her 'wicked witch'.

But, with what Adam is doing, sympathy is totally on her side.

I think the character is in terrific shape, and has so many delightful directions to go in.

• Members

I also don't think Brenda Dickson is as bad some people made her out to be. In life sure, but I loved her portrayal of Jill. And as much as I love Jess Walton, Brenda could give just as good a bitchy smack down. I actually prefer some of her verbal sparring with Kay.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Jess Walton, Martha Byrne, and Erika Sleasek are overrated.

Jess and Martha are good, but they are far from some of the greates, IMHO.

and Erika... just plain overrated,. Shes like Lucci, an OK actress who just has so much hype and i dont get it. At least with Lucci most know she isnt he worlds greatest actress.

• Members

Not sure if this is unpopular or not but I really really want THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL to win the Emmy this year. Based on the Storm's suicide episodes they submitted, and the submissions from all the rest, it deserves to win.

• Members

Here's an opinion that I would be scared to post in any thread other than this one:

Jeanne Cooper is one of daytime's most horrendous overactors. I mean, my God - the way she throws her arms in the air and tries to make the most insignificant of lines sound like Shakespeare. Ugh.

Yes!

• Members

I think The Young and the Restless is Bill Bell's worst creation.

I think Katherine Kelly and La Flannery need to go ASAP. They are at the core of B&B's carcinogenic tissue.

I hate "funny" names for characters like the Quad, Scooby Gang etc.

• Members

agree, however its much easier than Nick, Sharon, Jack and Phyliss or Daniel, Amber, Kevin, and Jana. lol.

YES!

Also, i dont think what EJ did to Sami was rape. And its not just cuz im a fanboy. Because since the show has gone ahead and said it was rape i will go with it, and root for them even tho he raped her. But i really dont think he did.

• Members

Exactly. I was not going to write out Zach/Kendall/Ryan/Annie/Aidan/Greenlee every time I wanted to discuss them in AMC's thread. The Sextet worked just fine. It's names like "Spixie" or "Zendall" or that horrid, horrid one from GH 2002 -- "Journey" -- that irritate me.

ETA: Speaking of Amber, just in case I didn't mention it before (although I'm sure I did), Adrienne Frantz makes me want to throw a brick through my television. Whoever told this annoying twit she could act should be shot in the street like a mad dog!

Archived