Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't her character on Dallas always supposed to be short term?

I think Finnigan was the perfect blend of actress and character. She was perfect for the blend of naivete and bitterness for her Bridget. I don't think she would have been able to handle the writing for Bridget since that time.

I don't think she should have been killed, but LL's Georgie never did anything for me, and although I like KS' work, I still see Maxie as Robyn Richards.

I've never really cared for Kristian Alfonso. In the 80s I could see her appeal, as she had more presence and beauty, but after her return she was very gaunt, looked strange, and gave very enervated performances. That they kept her and had no problem dumping Mary Beth Evans, I'll never understand.

• Members

Jennifer Finnigan has only two acting faces:

Puppydog

jenni55.jpgjenni100.jpg

and sad puppydog

jenni102.jpg

I'm not saying she was Ronn Moss-bad -- she wasn't, she was decent -- but was she the best thing to hit B&B since Susan Flannery? Three consecutive Emmy's-worthy? I don't think so. Her acting consisted of opening those big, puppydog eyes and mooning over something or other. She couldn't even cry convincingly. And, yes, I did see those scenes when she overheard Brooke and Deacon over the baby monitor. Watching her gasp for air, fall to the floor and squeeeeze out a couple of tears with all her might was painful.

By contrast, I find Ashley Jones natural, glowing, vibrant, no airs, no OTT histrionics. She is the definitive Bridget. There. Another unpopular opinion for you.

Oh, and I thought I'd post this picture because Ronn Moss standing with his legs far apart always makes me LMAO:

group274.jpg

So do I, Antoyne!

• Members

Y&R

-Eric Braeden is no longer The Soap God and needs to pass on his torch.

-Adrianne Leon is underrated!

-Time to put Nick with someone other than Phyllis and Sharon.

-Sursok is FUGLY and I don't see her appeal!

OLTL

-I'll miss Michael and Marcie but especially Kathy Brier!

-Never cared for Erica Sleazk's OTT acting and I've watched since the late 70's.

-Clint Richie will always be Clint to me.

-Can't stand Andrea Evans either and hope she never comes back.

-Hate the Gigi/Shane/Rex/Stacey storyline and I hope Shane dies... Rex was better with bitchy bangs!

-Hated Evangeline/REG is overrated!

- Although TSJ is a good actor, I hate his Todd.

-I love John and Blair.

-I liked Christina Chambers better than Susan Haskel as Marty and loved her and John then.

-Loved Forbes March with Bree (I don't miss Erin Torpey at all)

-Can't stand John Brotherton

-Loved Jen and hated when they killed her off.

GH

-Bring back the Q's... all of them!

-Loved Megan Ward, she made Sonny bearable.

-Hate Nathan Parsons that plays mumbles Ethan.

-Spinelli is an awful character, can he just speak some regular dialogue already?

-I like KS as Maxie actually, I love her!

-JMB isn't as bad as some make her out to be.

-Tony Geary is past his prime and needs to go... ASAP!

-Greg Vaughn is a better Lucky than JY but I'd like for him to go back to Y&R as Diego. :wub:

-Tired of Robert and Anna's comings and goings!

-I don't like Sebastian Roche as Jerry, I preferred the previous actor.

-Maurice Bernard, Sarah Brown and Steve Burton can all leave.

-Hate Liz/Jason and Jason/Sam!

-Love Not Emily!

-Hate John Ingle and he is highly overrated!

-Kimberly McCullough's Robin is boring and whiny!

-I want to see Patrick with Liz!

• Members

I find her to be quite beautiful as long as she doesn't get too skinny. But if you take KA at her peak vs 99% of all other soap actresses at their peak, I think KA wins the beauty pageant. Her eyes, her coloring...she is (was) exquisite. Someone like MBE is pretty and cute, whatever, in some girl next door way, but the difference I think is striking. Unfortunately, the pressure on 40 yr old women to have 20 yr old bodies is large, and the toll always shows in the face.

• Members

My unpopular opinions are:

1) That it is okay no matter what to bring back characters from the dead as long as fans like them and feel they should have never died (i.e. Dixie Cooney, etc.). My opinion is the "back from the dead" thing has been done so many times and has totally ruined soaps - get rid of it and don't visit it again for a longggggggggggggggg long time.

2) That is okay to rewrite history to right the wrong done by a previous writer. Two wrongs don't make a right. It was wrong for the first hack to rewrite the history in the first place - why pile insult on top of insult by rewriting it again just to appease fans. The sign of a good writer is to find a way of dealing with what is there and moving on. For over 30 years writers of SFT didn't like the fact that the Hursley's killed of Joanne's son, but they fought the urge to redo it. For over 30 years many writers and fans didn't like the fact that Jeff Baker had been killed in a car wreck on ATWT. They fought the urge to rewrite it.

Quit trying to appease fans and write the damn show. Earn your pay and entertain me. Quit trying to win fans. You're the writer not the star of the show.

• Members

OLTL

-I love Shawn and Destiny.

-I think Camilla Banus has potential.

-I hate Natalie and Jared together.

-I liked Justis Bolding.

GH

-LOVE LOVE LOVE Kate.

-HATE HATE HATE Olivia.

-I like Ethan.

-I want Maxie to be with Matt.

-Liz and Jason ain't all that.

-Jax, after a decade on the show, has yet to make an impact and if killed off would not be missed...

• Members

Here's some more:

1) I think Luke and Noah are terrible together

2) I think Natalia and Olivia is the most convoluted mess ever and makes no sense

3) I don't see the great chemistry between Zach & Kendall

4) Zach killed - murdered - assassinated Josh

And some general ones:

1) I HATE the couple names given to couples

2) I hate these damn board wars and each one of them trying to outscoop the other and claim ownership to spoilers. It is so stupid. It's worse than a bunch of children playing on a playground.

3) I hate journalists who praise sloppy writing just for the sake of winning points with the powers that be.

Archived