Unpopular Opinions

• Members

I disagree. Nancy Lee Grahn always gives 100%. She has been one of the few bright spots on GH, and when she is the lead in a story, I always find the show more watchable. I think she would make an excellent Diane Jenkins, if AD ever declined the role.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you on that. Actually I'll go far as to say, Susan Walters had it more than Donnelly, because while Donnelly was great as Diane, very sort of abrasive and almost had a Jess Walton's Jill-like quality about her, she never gave off the same overwhelming sense of confidence in her sexuality or whatever.

• Members

Here goes...

-I am against praising Susan Lucci for "looking good in her sixties" when the woman has clearly refused to age and grow old gracefully with her sixteen million facelifts and allegedly refusing Erica Kane to utter the word "grand" when describing her connection to "her children's children." In a venue that has a tremendous female audience, I would have much more respect for her if she allowed herself to age and show that growing old -- especially in this day and age when people are dying too young -- is an HONOR AND A LUXURY -- not a curse!

• Members

I agree with you. She's had good surgery, much better than Jackie Zeman or Leslie Charleson, but she's still obviously gone under the knife, and she's too thin. I wish we could have seen how she would have aged without all the enhancement. However, I also believe if she hadn't had the procedures and the weight loss, she probably wouldn't be on soaps now, especially not a Frons soaps.

• Members

She may give 100%, I just don't see that her 100% is all that noteworthy. Some soap actresses just grab you, like Robin Mattson as psycho Heather Webber, and others are just so fab they make any scene better (Marion Colby on AMC I think is a great example of this.) I just don't see where anything she has done on GH constitutes a bright spot. Dreary pairings, terrible stories, and this relentless attempt of realism that makes her line delivery no more interesting than somebody reading off a grocery list. There is no drama to her screen presence, she is just there. If you find Nancy Lee Grahn riveting (like someone said they did a few posts back) then I guess this is wonderful, but as far as I can see Susan Lucci will always give you more bang for your buck. And again, Constance Towers gets the same writing all the favorite stars of GH do, and I think she makes them all look like charisma challenged nothings for the most part.

• Members

I think Constance has more entertaining, if not necessarily better, writing than many of the women close to her age group, because she is the one they always have to rely on to move story for Nikolas and Emily/Rebecca, and to spar with Luke.

I can see where people might find NLG boring. I didn't spark to her until she was paired with Jax, a relationship I just loved. I think she's coped better than many would with some horrible, degrading stories, like the Dobson story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't know why I am resurrecting this thread but... need to get this off my chest. :lol:

Jennifer Finnigan (ex-Bridget, B&B). Vastly overrated. Not to compare and contrast but I think Ashley Jones has far more range even though she has had less "Emmy-worthy" material to show for it.

• Members

I think Judith Chapman gets a lot of flack for her role as Gloria on Y&R. I think she has played the role well, given the writing. Whats more, I don't think Joan Van Ark could have done a better job, given the direction the writers took Gloria - she played Gloria too "weak" to handle it.

Martha Madison & Brandon Beemer were just as bad as Kirsten Storms and Jason Cook playing Belle & Shawn on Days.

The worst teen ensemble in the history of daytime must have beem Kirsten Storms, Jason Cook, Nadia Bjorlin, Kyle Lowder, Farah Fath, JKJ and Heather Olson. I didnt use to think that was an unpopular opinion but given that all of them have jobs except for Olson means daytime execs disagree. I'd go further to say Fath and Lowder have gotten worse in acting ability since Days.

Archived