Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^Are you serious? NLG is a first rate actress and should have at least 2 Emmy's for her role on General Hospital. She should have never loss to SF that one year for Kristina's funeral. Imagine if she had good material to work with...

ETA: I'm not saying that NLG is the better actress. I've just been more impressed by her work.

• Members

Yes, I am serious. There is this conventional wisdom that she is this tremendous actress, but based on what? What story in her 15 years of GH did she ever sell the way Constance Towers would take the most absurd stories and just sell it? Where is the library of work that should have gotten her emmys? Emmys for what? She is ok but she seems to have no screen presence or charisma, and so is a total dud compared to the Susan Luccis of the world.

• Members

Deidre Hall is one of the most awful actresses (in terms of popularity) I've ever seen. Her stiffness, campy actions, weird and unnecessary orgasmic sounds are just vomit-inducing. She just totally sucks, and she better thank the heavens JER used her as the center for his outlandish stories, or else she would've totally faded into the background like she did after she returned to DAYS in 1991.

• Members

That's fine. And Kristina Wagner starred in one of GHs most powerful scenes ever and yet I still wouldn't say because of that one scene she is a great actress.

Also because I don't feel like two posts, I never saw Santa Barbera, but if I have to go to SB to find the wow factor then I think that says it all about her 15 years on GH.

• Members

I like her very much...but these days I feel she is too cerebral, not emotionally invested.

I get that this is the character.

But when I watch her off-screen stuff (she does a lot, say at her website), I see little distinction between actress and character. I realize that is common...but it makes me think that maybe NLG is a beautiful, smart, sexy, expressive lady who is phoning it in. She is playing NLG, and because NLG is so darn riveting, we like Alexis.

NLG reminds me a ton of Elizabeth Montgomery (one of my all time faves). Beautiful, with a certain hauteur....funny...but mostly not that emotionally invested. Liz had her moments, of course...

I don't ever (and I'm not a daily viewer, but I do try to keep my eye on NLG) really see her "bleed" on stage, you know.

• Members

He sure was. Remember the two people who kept Victor hostage on some hill, Chet and - what was her name - Ramona? Kay Alden was sole HW back then, I think. His story was right around the introduction of Ashley Bashioum as Mac.

• Members

I think you quoted the wrong post. I said NLG has wowed me more than Flannery has on B&B (I'm not counting her DOOL work because I've never seen it).

Deidre Hall used to be a better actress. I've seen clips from the days when she was an actress, and she was pretty damn good.

IMO Alex Donnelly SAVED that storyline. She was sublime.

Archived