Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see anything wrong with referring to these executives and writers using their real names. The McTrash, Pissy, Prass.... those are what get old. "The Writer" is at least a respectable way of condemning her :)

• Members

Megan McTavish. Alvin mentioned above it stems from a Cady McClain interview when she referred to Megan as only "The Writer" when speaking about her character's demise in January, 2007 at the hands of the Satin Slayer.

• Members

Yes, it is the same person.

Apparently, she grew up watching the NBC daytime lineup in the late 1970s (Days, The Doctors, Another World), and that inspired her to become a writer. IIRC, she was involved with DAYS and Y&R.

And I wouldn't Google her at all. Every time I do, all I get is pictures of her boobs.

• Members

Me too, I like how she's down to earth and spunky doesn't act in the ways you would expect (like, becoming friends with Carly). Before I started watching ATWT again a few months ago, I wouldn't have belived that anyone but Carly would be with Jack in the long run but now I'm not so sure. I loved Julie Pinson as Eve in the early days of PC though, so I'm biased.

• Members

Some of you guys don't love Y&R. Fair enough. I don't always get the beating-of-the-drums Y&R hate, though. It's like Maria Arena Bell bit somebody in the ass. Hard! Y&R isn't revolutionary, or a whirlwind of life-and-death cliffhangers. MAB and HSx2 are clearly re-visiting previous SLs and playing the triangle card in 99.9% of them. Meanwhile, all Paul Rauch has to do is trot out the 70s background music and old-school staging and we (myself included) start orgasming over it. There is nothing mythical about the current formula. However, I am enjoying it. Greatly. And that's all I have ever asked of a soap.

I *gulp* think the little girl who plays Anna has improved in leaps and bounds.

I ::LOVE:: Billy Miller and think he has made the character of Billy Abbott his own. However, Y&R better not over-use him in too many SLs. Right now he is their MVP and featured a lot, but I honestly don't think he'll be sticking around Y&R forever.

Everytime I see Victoria or Estella gang up on Ashley, the Red Mist of Rage descends before my eyes. Same with the Krystal-propping on AMC. Cannot abide the character.

------------

Gloria Monty once told a GH actor in the mid-70s that she felt like putting every character in a plane and crashing it and starting the show completely anew. I have a similar feeling today. There are a couple of characters I would keep, though -- including one not-so-popular newbie.

I have never seen Lisa LoCicero in any other TV show or soap -- and I was HUGELY resistant to the idea of another Sonny's babymama coming to GH -- but wow, has she blown away my pre-conceptions. Love her. Love her character. Love how she's not a total bitch to all the other female characters and is basically decent and hard-working and actually has a sense of humor. I know I'm probably alone in that opinion. :lol:

Anyhoo, if they wanted to crash that plane with all the Sonnys and Jasons and LoooLooos and Claudias and Spins on board, they should feel free. If they wanted to start afresh with Olivia as one of the central characters, I wouldn't be against that, either.

• Members

I absolutely agree. Grew up on 80s soaps, so that's my only frame of reference. But everytime I read synopses of 70s Love of Life or catch YouTube episodes of that show or AW or OLTL from that era, I get goosebumps. :lol:

• Members

I have to say, I'm sorta digging GH lately. The stories may suck but the day to day episodes keep me interested the whole hour, and I don't have this annoying twitch to change the channel(only when MB takes five minutes to produce tears or when SJB starts flaring her nostrils).

• Members

I agree. Although I enjoy Y&R. B&B is clearly garbage and always has been. Y&R was always rather slow and mundane, campy and never sensational (in a relevant way). I believe it's success was due to it's early afternoon time period. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it aired directly against AMC when AMC was number 2 in the early 90s, Y&R would have been stripped of it's number 1 crown very quickly.

Archived