Unpopular Opinions

• Members

-I personally think Melody Thomas Scott is mediocre at best in terms of her acting ability.

-The Pratt era at AMC has been the most consistently enjoyable era at AMC for me since the Broderick days of the mid to late 90's.

-agreeing with R Sinclair, Eden gets too much of a free pass when things go dreadfully wrong with her 4 month storylines

-Despite her mass character flaws, I have always loved Krystal Carey Chandler Martin Hayward on AMC

-The Bold and the Beautiful has always been a cheap, poorly executed knock off of Y&R. I don't know how unpopular of an opinion that is currently, but I have always felt that.

-Brian Frons (while failing miserably) is at least trying new things to keep the genre alive....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right on!

I know exactly what you're talking about, and let me just add another one of our old favorites: If you don't like a character or couple, but others do, don't f'n accuse the others of drinking so-called Kool Aid, Flavor Aid, Gatorade, Powerade, Crystal Light, Folgers Coffee, Red Bull, green tea, or anything else!

Seriously, no one's going to jump on you for having an opinion that isn't exactly logical. I hate Zach Slater's freaking guts and will disapprove of nearly everything he does because of it. There's no reason for that other than the fact that I hate his freaking guts. He's a fictional character and it DOES NOT MATTER if I hate his guts! He ain't got no feelings! And Thorsten Kaye is not Zach Slater!

• Members

No, I can't see them. I just think they're illogical choices to have head writing daytime dramatic serials. Jean Passanante? Now that's a hack. It's taken years for me to be able to think of her horrid stint at AMC without going into convulsions.

• Members

Now, here's an unpopular opinion: I think Jean Passanante can write good story when she wants to. However, the operative phrase there is, when she wants to. Because, I think somewhere along the way, JP became discouraged, then cynical, then outright postal. And what happens when a soap scribe goes postal? One word: Libidizone.

• Members

Well, Nikki CAN be a compelling character.... or has been at times...but I can sense the whole Victor/Nikki merry go round happening again... so yeah totally agree!

Great minds think alike..... or I should read back through a few pages before I compulsively post :lol:

I totally agree.... I just meant he can't be accused of not trying anything. If Frons wanted the soap line up on ABC dead.... it would no longer exist.

• Members

ATWT

I love Jon Lindstrom as Craig and I'm actually intriuged by Craig and Carly, even though I'm not giving up on CarJack.

GH

I don't get what's so great about Sarah Brown. :huh:

The only time I ever liked Sonny was when he was with Kate. Magan Ward made him watchable for me. Otherwise he is FF material.

Days

I wish Sami would pack her bags and leave Salem. I find her extremely annoying.

I like Melanie on Days. She brought a breath of fresh air imo.

I can't stand Stephanie Johnson and wish she would have left with Steve and Kayla.

I love Nicole and EJ.

OLTL

I love Tea.

I can't get enough of this show right now. I absolutely love it. That might be because I'm still new to it though. I've been watching for almost a year but before last year I tried several times to get into the show and just never could.

I thought the Todd/Marty story was good but then again, I never saw the history play out.

I'm going to miss Marci and Michael.

• Members

I thought Michelle Stafford was laughable in her performances this week. Especially in the ransacking of Sharon's. She did not commit physically at all and i found her embarrassingly awkward and bad. And I cannot stand her more and more.

I find 3/4 of Y&R's characters completely boring, unsympathetic, and unwatchable.

• Members

Where is All My Shadows? This is phase 2 of my 3-phase SON formula, this is a whisper. In a few months, everyone will agree that Y&R sucks. Although... By writing this, I might've jinxed the formula and Y&R will be splendid. :lol:

• Members

One more thing, Gloria Monty might have "saved" GH, but she ended up causing more harm to that show than good.

I don't mind "plot-driven" material if it's written good and realistically.

Susan Lucci is and has always been an uninspired actress, she got lucky by turning her character into a pop culture icon.

Gay storylines just do not work on American daytime dramas. The network will never commit to them.

• Members

Sylphy baby, I love you but let me in on this! What do you mean? I am not trying to start a conspiracy. I didn't dare go into Y&R's thread this week because I figured everyone was RAVING. Oh Michelle's back baby! Oh Phyllis is back baby!

Phyllis may be back, but two days worth of performances were REALLY bad to me. And the love scene overlapping was SO cheesy- not Y&R at all.

And I stand by my statement- this show is FILLED With unsavory, unwatchable characters. From the Fishers to the Borings (I mean Winters). Nick gives me the creeps. I am so old school in my Y&R ways, Victor, Nikki, Jill, Katherine (and Murphy) and maybe 4 other characters. I love my Sharon though.

Archived