Unpopular Opinions

• Members

One who likes to provoke controversy ... turn over rocks ... stimulate passionate discussion ... seed a little dissent.

It echoes of Schadenfreude, but it is not malevolent. It is more "impish", in my understanding.

Iago was a MAJOR sh!t disturber. Rush Limbaugh is somewhat of a sh!t disturber. Sylph is a playful sh!t disturber...he accomplishes this by making statements out-of-the-norm for SON, and then enjoys watching the fallout.

I enjoy watching the fallout too, even when I'm part of the fallout.

Does that clarify. It is meant as a term of affection....at least in my house.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, I just saw this...

I don't think Bill Bell was a "bad" writer... just overrated. I greatly enjoyed quite a bit of what he wrote over the years... but I enjoyed other writers more, for various reasons.

I think he was the logical successor to the Irna Phillips school of writing... which tends to be paced extremely slow and filled with a lot of regurgitation. I find that difficult to follow religiously, which is why I tuned in and out of Y&R and B&B over the years, as opposed to sticking like glue to a show like GL which filed through writers and varying levels of quality during the years.

That's all I meant.

• Members

Crystal Chappell -- amazing actress.

But she needs to stop botoxing and collagen-enhancing her face every two weeks because otherwise she's going to turn into Jackie Zeman.

Gina Tognoni -- she's good. But not that good.

• Members

And if the ADHD-afflicted production regime lives up to expectations? That should be next week.

Here's one: Y&R HW Maria Arena Bell might have her late father-in-law looking over her shoulder as she writes, but five-will-get-you-ten she ain't paying attention to a word he's saying. ;-)

• Members

-I am intrigued by the mystery of who killed Lola's mom.

-Trevor St. John is so good as Todd he makes me uncomfortable during intense scenes.

-I liked Adriana BEFORE she became Bitchy Bangs.

-I thought Megan McTavish's stories of Bianca's rape and the Chandler mansion sitcom were brilliant.

-I loved YaYa DaCosta as Cassandra.

-I enjoyed Lauren Koffman's role as Rebecca.

-I hated Maggie.

-GH stopped being GH in 2001...

-...But the Metro Court crisis was some of the best storytelling I've seen on a soap.

-I liked NL's Emily with Zander.

-I loved Lesli Kay's Lois.

• Members

You and me both. Say what you will about Stephen Black & Henry Stern, but at least those two let us see Bob, Kim, Nancy and Lisa often. With Goutman, Passanante and Laiman in charge, one scene with anyone who came on the show before 1999 is a cause for celebration!

• Members

I never cared for Jess Walton's version of Jill Foster Abbott. Somehow it was forgotten that Jill was a woman who used her looks and sex in order to turn her life around. I always thought that Lauren Koslow would make a far better Jill and I was a little bit happy to hear that I might get a chance to watch another actress portray Jill for a few episodes a while ago.

Then I watched Jill and Kay's fight at Billy and Chloe's wedding and almost cried with JW. The pain in her eyes... Jess Walton won me over a few days ago. :)

I think John McBain is hot and I enjoy all his love scenes. Not as much as TSJ's though.

I loved the recent Todd & Marty storyline and I wish I could see more of it.

B&B is a disaster and the only way to turn it into a decent show is to write of most of the key characters. Ridge, Taylor, Nick, Rick, Bridget, Jackie, Katie OUT.

GL should have written off Reva years ago. Or better yet, they should have never brought her back in the 90's.

I prefer Amelia Heinle as Victoria Newman.

I love Jennifer Gareis as Donna Logan.

I am sorry, but I don't see how DAYS has improved lately AT ALL. It looks like a soap about to be cancelled, like late SEARCH FOR TOMORROW or late ANOTHER WORLD. I don't know what exactly it is, but is has that look.. :D

Why do people like Langston and Markko so much?

I can't wait to read Nelson Branco's column every Friday.

I love Farah Fath and JPL and I don't think that Stacey is the worst character to ever hit daytime.

AMC will turn into PINE VALLEY: SPECIAL GUEST STAR JAMIE LUNER AS LIZA and that JL is brought as the new Erica.

I still miss Ava Lazar (Santana Andrade #1, Santa Barbara)

DAYS was great during the last months of Shefer and Scott.

Don't care for Nicole ever since she returned to DAYS, Stefano bores me to death and Sami should leave town with all her kids.

Every single soap would benefit from a young black vixen.

Archived