Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree.

However she very well deserves the title she has been given for the damage she caused. She far and away the worst writer to ever hit daytime. The only writer who may have caused more damage is MMT, or JER -- however they also gave a lot. LML gave nothing and took away almost everything.

• Members

I'm gonna expand a little on what MarkH was saying about LML. I don't think that LML, or any other writer/producer/etc, is evil or bad people, unless they've done things or said thing in public that shows a lot about their character. Jean Passanante, for example...I don't know anything about her. I know that she's turned ATWT to [!@#$%^&*] over the last couple of years, but I'm not gonna call her Pissy or other things like that. As far as I know, me and her could go get drunk together and have a damn good time.

• Members

LOL, I wasn't trying to single anybody out. Everybody has nicknames for their not-so-favorite TPTB. Pissy, McTrash/McTravesty, JERk, Paul Roach, Dena Hackley, etc. I don't care if people use them and sometimes they're hilarious, but it's not me. If it was someone who made some really messed up comments to the press, though, then yeah, I have no problems going off. Why has there been no vulgar nickname for his sick, sad ass?

• Members

More:

-Elizabeth Hubbard is so underrated it is criminal. She is better than Maura and Martha and easily right up there with Susan Flannery as far as talent

-The current younger cast of GL is a tad underwhelming (Caitlin, Marcy, Mandy, EJ, John Driscoll). I miss the days of Aubrey Dollar, Brittany Snow, Matthew Bomer, Bethany Joy Lenz, Tammy Blanchard, and Hayden P

-In 2009 Sharon Case has turned in much better performances than Michelle Stafford has

-Kelly Monaco sucked on both PC and GH

-Rick Hearst, Ricky Paul Goldin and Christian LeBlanc are all interchangeable, equal in talent (good but not great), and tend to play characters as slightly effeminate.

-Van Hansis has always been a mediocre actor and Luke and Noah are dull together and individually

-Michael Easton is a terrible actor but does love scenes better than any other male in daytime, including Joshua Morrow

-The younger set of both ATWT and GH are so unbelievably dull and lifeless

-Melody Thomas Scott is an okay actress but she has a ton of charisma and plays Nikki to a "T"

-I can't stand Jon Lindstrom as Craig on ATWT

-Lynn Herring was very underrated while Genie Francis has always been overrated and did nothing but cry all day long (she's like KKL, her reaction to everything is tears that don't and never have moved me)

-Paolo Seganti is much more charismatic and appealling than Michael Park and Grayson McCouch combined

-Gina Tognoni is currently the best actress in daytime under the age of 40, but when she was on OLTL she was barely tolerable

-Robin Christopher and the character of Skye never belonged on GH

-Jess Walton is shaping up to be the best actress of 2009 and she's always had the coolest voice in daytime

-Crystal Chappell is likely to be better than your favorite actress, she's that good and vastly underrated

-Eric Braedan hasn't given a good performance on Y&R in at least 8 years

-While I enjoy MAB, the way she writes the Winters family is just awful, nobody has been able to write that family well since Bill Bell and the HIV story with Olivia and Nathan

• Members

I'd say that she and Marj Dusay share that title now, but historically it belonged to Beverlee McKinsey. :D

I'll add that I loved Jeanne Cooper's voice when she was still smoking (which I know is horrible), but it's funny how Jill has pretty much inherited Kay's old voice. I loved Kay always flashing her red talons as she talked with that vinegar and rusty nails voice of hers.

Archived