Unpopular Opinions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the Clear Springs storyline on Y&R

Diedre Hall is a phenomenal actress, given the right material

Peter Bergman and Christian LeBlanc very good actor, but sometimes I think they overact.

Kathryn Hays is a powerhouse actress, although she doesn't get to show it anymore on ATWT

Judith Chapman is one of the best actresses on Y&R and in daytime

Trevor St. John is the best actor currently in daytime

• Members

That's what i have always read. I only watched OLTL at 2pm so I never got to watch his work. I was always jealous because ATWT got all the critical acclaim but OLTL always won awards like Worst Soap in SOD in 1989. Rauch did not produce a "critic's soap" I know that Doug Cummings/Julianne Moore storyline was supposed to have been amazing, among many others. I wish there was still a family oriented soap on today.

• Members

LOL. No one had to respond. But thanks. :)

Back when Marty was mentally raped and then when she made Todd jump off the building, i thought she was still popular. What happened to that? Ron should've had Todd using her for something bigger than what played out on screen. His whole vengeful plot never came to light, did it? It wasn't even mentioned. What a waste.

• Members

Terribly flawed... but I totally agree.

If it turns out that she's the brains behind the current GH clusterfuck, though, I will rescind that UO. But I suspect she put together Writer's Strike GH which was somewhat watchable and wish she had the reins of the show currently.

Other unpopular opinions:

On Y&R, I like Cane. I like how Cane is becoming increasingly smarmy and unhinged -- and totally in lust with his brother Billy.

I love Ashley. I like Nikki, too. But I can't stand Victor & Nikki. They are a BOREFEST of a couple. Nikki & Bobby Marsino had the magic. As for Ashley & Victor, I think now is, finally, their time, even though it obviously won't last.

Love Adam. Prefer him over Nick and Victoria.

Like Rafe. Viscerally dislike moody Estella. Where is Miguel?

Without the Daniel pairing, Amber would be lost on this show.

Even though Sharon is on the edge of a breakdown, I still think Phyllis is crazier than KleptoSlutShar. And I like Sharon now. Used to HATE her during Kay Alden/Jack Smith's run.

Kristoff St. John needs to wake up and start taking the character of Neil in hand, and fast, because that is one personality-free character on the slippery slope to Recurringville.

Like Ted Shackleford. I never thought he was all that on KL (Gary was a snooze) but have been totally impressed by his turn here.

Like Gloria and Judith Chapman. Like her even more now she's not on my screen every second.

JT. Why is he even on the show? Boy should have left with Lindsey Fonseca years ago.

And a general soap observation:

Even though I do not watch at all regularly, ATWT has THE most talented cast in Daytime. They get served [!@#$%^&*] and they make it work. Susan Flannery aside, Maura West is the most mesmerizing leading lady in soaps. I love me some Gina Tognoni and Crystal Chappell but always wonder why other soaps are not chasing Maura to join their shows. The woman is a freaking star.

Oh. And while I liked Lily & Holden, I always rooted for Lily & Damian. :lol:

• Members

Oooops! Just saw that. Oh well, like I said, I don't watch ATWT much. All I know is that whenever I've seen a scene with her in it, I've been impressed.

Agreed. Absolutely agreed. People still boohoo the loss of Roger Howarth, but I think TSJ is a better Todd -- and a more adventurous actor.

• Members

Wow.

I remember watching Soap Talk, I think, a while back, and Heather Tom saying if she could work with any actress she hadn't worked with, who would it be, and she said Maura West. Can you imagine Heather and Maura on the same show? Dear God in Heaven! Maura goes a bit overboard sometimes though.

I think my favorite actress of all time would have Susan Flannery but I can't stand B&B anymore.

So, now it's Jess Walton. Even when she wasn't given any material or bad material under LML, she was always superb. And now that she's on the forefront again.

And I loved Lily and Damian too back in the day. They seemed more passionate than Lily and Holden. I hated when Damian became the bad guy in the Nuke affair. So lame. I miss Damian from the good old days.

• Members

LOL, rhythm-is-a-dancer. It's not a popular opinion. :lol: Just my own.

And ITA about Susan Flannery. B&B is excrement (case in point: Heather Tom, who I want to like as Katie but can't). However, even phoning it in, Susan Flannery (with Ronn Moss's toupee a close second) are still the most watchable things on there.

IA about Jess Walton -- my heart is breaking for Jill at the moment and I don't know if it is meant to, but it is, thanks to La Walton. Her voice does sound like a lung is about to conk out, though.

• Members

I feel the opposite on that. I always thought Bill Bell was overrated. Then again, even though I've always enjoyed Y&R, I always enjoyed AMC up until 2003. With that being said, I always felt and always will believe that Agnes Nixon is a MUCH better writer than Bill Bell. I also think Irna Phillips was intimidated by Agnes' writing. The REAL reason P&G/CBS passed on AMC in the 1960s.

• Members

I cannot stand Kim Zimmer.

Susan Flannery so gets on my nerves anymore. She used to be okay. Now, she's a joke, I think it's her look.

I think JFP would make GH great if she was in control of the show. The mob would probably be gone. She'd use the hospital and hot doctors to raise the demos.

I like Noelle Beck as Lilly more than Martha Byrne.

ETA: And I find Susan Lucci to be overly dramatic which is the reason it took 19 times for her to finally win an Emmy. The only one she will EVER get!

Erika Sleazek and Robin Strasser are much better actresses, but I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.

Archived